The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Pretty sure, at this point, Travis Green is trying to win so he can get a contact with another team. And 2 of the players that scored are pending UFAs and won't likely be in the team next season and same goes for Vesey 

So that's 3 goals caused by players who probably won't be a Canuck next season 

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Remember the California Sweep at the end of season a few years ago, when Auston Matthews was the grad prize of the draft?

I ain't even mad at that. We ain't out tanking the leafs at that point. 

More pissed we didn't get Dubois. I was for sure thinking he would drop to us at 5th. Just like how Zegras was so tantalizing close in 2019. 

• Like 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

Waste of energy for sure. Haven’t we been down this road before or is everyone new here? 

First game here. It was very exciting.  :)

regards,  G.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I've seen some rankings that have Beniers/Clarke #1, and some that have them #7/8.

Power

Clarke

Beniers

Eklund

Guenther

Hughes

Edvinsson

Wallstedt

Johnson

Lysell

That's a solid top 10 that could go in many different orders. And I'm sure there's more names that could be included too.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

The key now for team tank is to at least lose one in regulation in the last two games. This will ensure us at least the chance to go for a number 1. Everything higher is just a move up by 10 spot instead of the jackpot. 

Yeah, Holtby needs to finish this season; with the support of our veteran d and under the tutelage of Baumer (a once highly touted prospect who never really figured out how to play in the NHL - go figure that Green chose him to be our d coach; I guess the results speaks for itself). 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

OMFG, now they're padding their stats! Do you and all of you others want them to lay down in the fetal position? They're pros for Chr**t sakes.

Relax. There is no need to swear and curse. 

You’re also missing the point but I’m not going to waste my time to try and explain it to you. It was pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Power because of his package, not necessarily having the most upside. Edvinsson, Power, Hughes, Clarke. I can't see all of them going top 5 when you factor in Eklund, Beniers, and Wallstedt. We'll be fine at #7.

Power has the most upside. The has no serious holes in his game like others. Think Ekblad who was going on a Norris run prior to injury. 

We are 7th for now.

I  mostly care about a change in management. If they all come back, I dont see much changing next year. The coaches not being signed is terrible. The only thing that makes sense is that there will be a chamge in management and they will want to pick their own coach. These last minute deals are stupid. Ian Clark should be signed right now. The "I ran out of time" keeps replaying in my mind when I see Benning. The management is riddled with incompetemce.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I've seen some rankings that have Beniers/Clarke #1, and some that have them #7/8.

Power

Clarke

Beniers

Eklund

Guenther

Hughes

Edvinsson

Wallstedt

Johnson

Wallstedt

That's a solid top 10 that could go in many different orders. And I'm sure there's more names that could be included too.

it's a crapshoot.

no one knows who our scouts are gonna want.

no one know whether they'll be there when we pick.

but - let's feel sorry for ourselves regardless.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

team tank actually thought they were gonna get what they wanted?

team tank....memory of a fishbowl

The water and glass warps the POV... and being a fish also puts limits on things.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Here’s the thing guys. It doesn’t matter where we pick. We are going to have someone in mind and chances are it ain’t who we were thinking. Cody Glass anyone? 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, 1-d said:

As far as scoring own goals LE can't hold a candle to AE. Edler scored as many own goals as braking his stick throughout his career.

It’s not just Edler’s own goals or broken sticks, things happen…but, it’s when they happen - like in OT of a game seven in a play-off series. These things happen to Edler - then.

I was really hoping all of his bad luck would eventually just even itself out & perhaps he will have this very lucky/charmed play-off run - before his inevitable retirement.

That may not happen now, but it would be crazy-awesome if it did.