The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Power has the most upside. The has no serious holes in his game like others. Think Ekblad who was going on a Norris run prior to injury. 

We are 7th for now.

Not sure about that, Power has a Hischier/Patrick feel to me.

Ekblad was an exceptional status player, that was Canada's best U20 Dman as a draft eligible. To me he was clearly #1 that year even with Draisaitl & Reinhart having great years. This year it's not as much of a slam dunk for Power.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I've seen some rankings that have Beniers/Clarke #1, and some that have them #7/8.

Power

Clarke

Beniers

Eklund

Guenther

Hughes

Edvinsson

Wallstedt

Johnson

Lysell

That's a solid top 10 that could go in many different orders. And I'm sure there's more names that could be included too.

Clarke Hughes Power have seen more top 3 rankings than anyone else. They all have the most highest upside in the draft. They likely will be gone in the top 5. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

it's a crapshoot.

no one knows who our scouts are gonna want.

no one know whether they'll be there when we pick.

but - let's feel sorry for ourselves regardless.

I'm an Edvinsson kind of guy. ATM, the Canucks are picking 7th (before adjustments). Likely he won't be there, but there'll be someone who is.

regards,  G.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Not sure about that, Power has a Hischier/Patrick feel to me.

Ekblad was an exceptional status player, that was Canada's best U20 Dman as a draft eligible. To me he was clearly #1 that year even with Draisaitl & Reinhart having great years. This year it's not as much of a slam dunk for Power.

Every report I have found as of late says he has the fewest holes in his game in the top 10 and is arguably the safest pick with one of the highest ceilings. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 2

We will pick 7 to 10 or else win the lottery and pick one or two. It's set now.

Enough worrying about who wins the last  couple of games.  All good .

Let's see another look at Gadj hopefully Lockwood and probably a little more Rathbone and Juolevi.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Every report I have found as of late says he has the fewest holes in his game in the top 10 and is arguably the safest pick with one of the highest ceilings. 

I don't think he's got the offensive ceiling but he should be able too eat big mins. I agree with him being a safer pick.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Then maybe we get one of Guenther, Eklund or Beniers. That would be great too.

If we stay 7th we will have a decent chance at one of the top forwards. They could be gone but there’s a decent chance one falls. There’s still Edvinsson too who’s the 4th best D IMO. 

If we stay put we could end up with a good player. 

• Cheers 2