The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't think he's got the offensive ceiling but he should be able too eat big mins. I agree with him being a safer pick.

It’ll all really depend on how his game matures which is why I feels he has that similarity as Ekblad who’s game took a step as he matured and gained experience. 

That’s why I feel he’s gonna go #1. If he pans out well he could be a top 15 defenseman. 

Scouts think Buff/Burns/Hedman with Power. Some scouts think he could turn forward like Burns/Buff and still be a good player lol. I’d keep him at D though lol. 

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

WE DIDN'T PICK VILARDI OR GLASS 

Thanks for this. I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat thinking that the Canucks did...

regards,  G.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On another note it was nice to see Gadjovich stand up for a teammate & show he wants to be here. 

It's too bad he didn't get to play after that though.

Gadj got lots of credit for that from Travis tonight so I’m not sure why he didn’t play after that. When you get a chance to re-watch the fight see if you can figure out how he came out of that with the instigator penalty. It’s beyond me.

• Cheers 2

As much as losing helps the draft positioning this is draft might just be the biggest crapshoot in NHL history. There's bound to be lots of steals in every round and I hope the teams scouts can come through big time as I think the GM will need them more then ever. That being said I have had a weird feeling that the canucks were bound to win the lotto ever since the season began to go sideways so even with the reduced odds I still think were gonna win #1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Gadj got lots of credit for that from Travis tonight so I’m not sure why he didn’t play after that. When you get a chance to re-watch the fight see if you can figure out how he came out of that with the instigator penalty. It’s beyond me.

Gadjovich got the instigator because of the way the stupid rule is set up. The initial play was Mackey dangerously hitting Highmore from behind and putting him down so Gadjovich came to step for his teammate and fight Mackey but because it was initially Mackey and Highmore in the play Gadjovich is considered the 3rd man in, hence the instigator. Wouldn't of applied if Highmore got up and started throwing fists, which is dumb because Highmore was down in obvious pain.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Rodney - the king if one liners !

There were a lot of those types of guys who are now gone. Shecky Greene, Buddy Hackett Jonathon Winters...

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1