The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Gadjovich got the instigator because of the way the stupid rule is set up. The initial play was Mackey dangerously hitting Highmore from behind and putting him down so Gadjovich came to step for his teammate and fight Mackey but because it was initially Mackey and Highmore in the play Gadjovich is considered the 3rd man in, hence the instigator. Wouldn't of applied if Highmore got up and started throwing fists, which is dumb because Highmore was down in obvious pain.

Yeah except he only skated over and Mackey raised his stick and hit Gadj in the face. Mackey also starts to drop his gloves first. It is a stupid rule but it was also mis-applied.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

And Roman Josi was 38th, Dustin Byfuglien 245th, Duncan Keith 54th, John Carlson 27th, Adam Fox 66th, Kris Letang 62nd, Shea Theodore 26th, Shea Weber 49th, Charlie McAvoy 14th, Jakob Chychrun 16th, John Klingberg 131st, Jeff Petry 45th and so on and so on and so on.

No one knows where the best dman in any draft is going to come from. Elite talents, especially dmen, can come in any round and usually don't come from top 5 picks. 

I'd love to win the lottery this year, finally, but I'm not going to sit there and get bent out of shape when my team wins like @Squamfan or @DontMessMe. I couldn't imagine calling myself a fan while cheering for my team to lose, no matter what the circumstances are. I'll always cheer a win and obviously draft position makes losing a bit easier but it doesn't matter that much because we've done very will lately and I have faith we will again especially in this screwed up season for scouting. Som very good prospects are going to go under the radar and fall and I have faith we will get at least one of them

Some context: if you read a few pages back, i pretty much said the samething; earlier on alot of fans were calling this a weak draft with no true #1 d and I commented nobody new Chabot was a franchise d in his draft.   I agree, that a franchise player can come from any rounds in the draft but a top 3 just has a higher percentage of having an impact - in the end, it is all guess work and perhaps with hindsight in a few years this draft will outperform the initial consensus.

6 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

There were a lot of those types of guys who are now gone. Shecky Greene, Buddy Hackett Jonathon Winters...

regards,  G.

Yeah, RIP to all of them - memories of a bygone era.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yeah except he only skated over and Mackey raised his stick and hit Gadj in the face. Mackey also starts to drop his gloves first. It is a stupid rule but it was also mis-applied.

Stupid rule, yes. Mis-applied, no. Because part of the instigator rule includes "menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; obvious retaliation for an in game incident" Any one of those things gives the refs disclosure to hand out an instigator penalty.

41 minutes ago, oldnews said:

damned when they win

damned when they lose

damned when they lose #improperly.

great comeback.

I dgaf about the premature draft angst.  been there done that - it was a waste of time - every time.

Imagine wasting the time some here waste worrying about something they have zero control over 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Imagine wasting the time some here waste worrying about something they have zero control over 

I dunno, looks like the “fire Benning” banner might have been worth the money.

• RoughGame 1

27 minutes ago, Nave said:

I was so excited at the end when I thought Edler scored. He ended up helping the tank in the end.
Gutsy comeback, but we ended up dropping a couple slots for one point. 

Yeah... why did Boeser have to tip that one, it could've gone in without Boeser tip and Edler gets 100.

Dang. That was close.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Maybe we’ll trade the pick for Reinhart now

Does seem like something Benning would do, like the Miller trade. However, if we stay at 7, I think we'll keep our pick. We got Hughes at 7 and that worked out pretty well for us.