The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich makes his canucks Debut tonight!

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

13 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Looking forward to seeing Gadjovich and Podz in the line up next season. Makes us bigger stronger and harder to play against, immediately. And for all you Benning haters it must suck to know Benning drafted these two animals to join our Zoo.................................................................................

34 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Looking forward to seeing Gadjovic.  Be nice if he could lock down the 4C.

If Danault makes it to UFA, I think Van will be heavily involved

Gadjovich is a LW, doubt he'd win it ahead of Lind or Jasek if they plan to implement a rookie C into the lineup.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

I'm torn here. what if he is what he shows real good tonight? Will benning protect him? If so who would be the next player seattle  chooses? Would losing that player be worse than  the loss of gadj?

I would go ahead and protect him. Why lose him for nothing?

Not expecting much. Interested to see if his skating speed is good enough in the NHL to throw his weight around on the forecheck. 

I expect him to get in front of the net and bring some energy. Maybe get involved  in at least a scrum or two and who knows maybe a rare scrap even?

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Not expecting much. Interested to see if his skating speed is good enough in the NHL to throw his weight around on the forecheck. 

I expect him to get in front of the net and bring some energy. Maybe get involved  in at least a scrum or two and who knows maybe a rare scrap even?

Whos on calgary will wanna drop the gloves against the man child gadj. Bunch of weak losers over there gonna be too scared if u ask me.

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Looking forward to seeing Gadjovich and Podz in the line up next season. Makes us bigger stronger and harder to play against, immediately. And for all you Benning haters it must suck to know Benning drafted these two animals to join our Zoo.................................................................................

JB is the best GM that the Canucks have had insofar as success at the Amateur Draft is concerned.

JB is one of the worst GMs the Canucks have had insofar as evaluating pro talent...he's signed far too many UFAs who were past their expiry date to AAV and term that has handcuffed the team.  He's lost more trades than he's won (winners: acquisition of Miller and Schmidt; losers: too many to count, and let's not even start to discuss deals he's failed or was reluctant to make ).

JB is one of the worst GMs the Canucks have had insofar as ability to communicate a consistent and clear and honest message. At first, his ho-hum, folksy way of articulating his thought process was welcomed from the calculating/lawyer-speak we got from Gillis, but now, he simply sounds stupid (which is probably unfair for me to say). 

It appears from the outside that he's lacking in his ability to delegate and build a functional work team around himself (unless Aquilini is pulling his strings, in which case, Benning is nothing more than a puppet and is deserving of pity).

So, let's be honest here...JB's GM career is about as accomplished as his playing career.  Started with a lot of promise...did a thing or two well...the rest, just plain awful. 

I've been a staunch Benning supporter til 2-3 months ago. It's time to place Jim Benning into the position of director of amateur scouting, because that is the one thing he excels at.

2 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

JB is the best GM that the Canucks have had insofar as success at the Amateur Draft is concerned.

JB is one of the worst GMs the Canucks have had insofar as evaluating pro talent...he's signed far too many UFAs who were past their expiry date to AAV and term that has handcuffed the team.  He's lost more trades than he's won (winners: acquisition of Miller and Schmidt; losers: too many to count, and let's not even start to discuss deals he's failed or was reluctant to make ).

JB is one of the worst GMs the Canucks have had insofar as ability to communicate a consistent and clear and honest message. At first, his ho-hum, folksy way of articulating his thought process was welcomed from the calculating/lawyer-speak we got from Gillis, but now, he simply sounds stupid (which is probably unfair for me to say). 

It appears from the outside that he's lacking in his ability to delegate and build a functional work team around himself (unless Aquilini is pulling his strings, in which case, Benning is nothing more than a puppet and is deserving of pity).

So, let's be honest here...JB's GM career is about as accomplished as his playing career.  Started with a lot of promise...did a thing or two well...the rest, just plain awful. 

I've been a staunch Benning supporter til 2-3 months ago. It's time to place Jim Benning into the position of director of amateur scouting, because that is the one thing he excels at.

Alright poopy pants this isnt about Jim Bennings and his signings over the last 7 years. This thread is about the man child, okay?

more than enough threads where we can talk about JB lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Alright poopy pants this isnt about Jim Bennings and his signings over the last 7 years. This thread is about the man child, okay?

more than enough threads where we can talk about JB lol

You're right...got off topic and forgot where I was.

Really looking forward to seeing Gadjovich make his NHL debut tonight.  Would love to see Gadjovich, Podkolzin, MacEwen, and eventually Keppen and McDonough be key players for the Canucks...add them to Horvat, Boeser and Miller, and now that's a good heavy team (guess I gotta give JB props if all those players on the Canucks roster together one day).

Did you really have to call me poopy pants?  No offence taken...my post was a little salty.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bigbadcanucks said:

You're right...got off topic and forgot where I was.

Really looking forward to seeing Gadjovich make his NHL debut tonight.  Would love to see Gadjovich, Podkolzin, MacEwen, and eventually Keppen and McDonough be key players for the Canucks...add them to Horvat, Boeser and Miller, and now that's a good heavy team (guess I gotta give JB props if all those players on the Canucks roster together one day).

Did you really have to call me poopy pants?  No offence taken...my post was a little salty.

Lol i dunno i just thought it was funny to call u that atm:lol:

• Cheers 1