The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gutsy effort tonight and Boeser/Miller looked good but really impressed me was the kid Jonah

Rate this topic

Harold27k

29 minutes ago, Harold27k said:

Gadovich he went looking for Calgary dman after a cheap shot on Hughes and he was all go!   What a difference from a washed up Rouselle who is all bark and little go now.

And as much as I had been lookin forward to Zack Mackewan in the lineup most of the season and was hoping Green would start him more when injuries were not so prevalent ,this kid has much more upside. He has shown a real goal scoring talent in Utica with 15 goals in less games but he is tough and willing to initiate and we need this type of player to be a regular in the lineup.

Lets do something right nuck management and keep him off the exposure draft wire to the Seattle Kracken pls

I’m really proud of the Canucks’ effort tonight.   

I had honestly forgotten about Jonah but it looks like he is working his way back into the equation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Dude did he barely played 5 on 5 and when he did, what exactly did he do to show he can be a difference maker for the team?  I wanted to bite my tongue since it's just one game but the known issue with Jonah is his skating, and I saw very very little explosiveness in his first few strides.  I wouldn't care at all if his top speed wasn't great but his acceleration did not look good to me.  And in order for this team to improve, the overall skating of this team has to improve. 

If he proves my initial opinion wrong then great, but I wasn't nearly as impressed as I was hoping to be 

Perhaps just like Dipietro with his rough first start - Gadj first real experience in the NHL level would had given him an idea of the speed & strength of the players at this level and provide some urgency on what he needs to improve on to stick.  Hope he gets in during these last few games...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If the youngster only would stop fighting.

if guys like Miller don’t fight every night neither should players like Gadjovich do that.

Guys like gadjcovic and miller?

They're not similar players whatsoever lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

This is the nhl not the shl.

Same same nowadays, only the fools fight in NHL. Look at Ferland. Fights when he has a concussion history. Do you find that intelligent?

You have fighters in SHL also and cheap shotters, no difference today.

Why do you think Höglander manage as well as he does?

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Same same nowadays, only the fools fight in NHL. Look at Ferland. Fights when he has a concussion history. Do you find that intelligent?

You have fighters in SHL also and cheap shotters, no difference today.

Why do you think Höglander manage as well as he does?

When the nhl doesnt protect its stars (more often than not) it's up to the team to say that's not okay. 

For reference see rangers vs capitals. 

Yes the days of domi like goonery are over. But team comradery should always have a place in the nhl. Part of the reason the twins never won a cup. It's funny how you take this approach to hockey yet the best swedish player of all time is one of the only ones that had jam. 

Forsberg. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

When the nhl doesnt protect its stars (more often than not) it's up to the team to say that's not okay. 

For reference see rangers vs capitals. 

Yes the days of domi like goonery are over. But team comradery should always have a place in the nhl. Part of the reason the twins never won a cup. It's funny how you take this approach to hockey yet the best swedish player of all time is one of the only ones that had jam. 

Forsberg. 

I go for Kronwalls style of retaliation. 

Primary a heavy hip hit as they should be. 

So my version is if our stars get hurt we go out hitting them all over, but never fighting. 

The fight is just pure stupid and is only allowed because it generates more money, yet still somwhat controlled. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So my version is if our stars get hurt we go out hitting them all over, but never fighting. 

The fight is just pure stupid and is only allowed because it generates more money, yet still somwhat controlled. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/12/10/detroit-red-wings-dylan-larkin-fighting/2262936002/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Fighting is apart of the code, apart of the fabric of hockey. Not because it generates money lmfao. I'll put my house on the fact that more players themselves support fighting than don't. Dirty players need some way to be held accountable, as well as a way to relieve tension in a game if dirty plays are going back and forth. It is a much needed equalizer and aspect of the game of hockey.

If you think fighting is just about generating money i recommend that you check out the documentary 'Ice Guardians' on Netflix

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

If we lose him to Seattle I'll be all over firing whoever allows it to happen.

all i got to say is you got a easy way through to your heart. Start a fight  after a player gets hit hard  and he's suddenly the golden child?

Gadj must have been panicking after realizing how bad  he was playing, How do I  get off  the Ice while still looking good? hmmmmmmmmmm

all im saying is there  is only one motte,  who actually is a excellent player.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

all i got to say is you got a easy way through to your heart. Start a fight  after a player gets hit hard  and he's suddenly the golden child?

Gadj must have been panicking after realizing how bad  he was playing, How do I  get off  the Ice while still looking good? hmmmmmmmmmm

all im saying is there  is only one motte,  who actually is a excellent player.

I really like Motte too, but he does get injured a lot.  I think Motte, to be an effective player, has to play a certain style.  Unfortunately his body size doesn’t allow him to play that style without getting injured.  

• Cheers 2