The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sam Bennett To Have Hearing

Rate this topic

Definitely deserving of a suspension.  1 game seems a bit light IMHO, even if it's a playoff game.  Coleman wasn't just in a dangerous spot to receive a hit, he had his back to Bennett as well and had no means to even brace or protect himself.  It feels like a predatory hit even if we're not talking about a serious injury resulting to Coleman from it.  I wouldn't generally call Bennett a dirty player but this was a poor decision IMHO should be punished more severely.

• Upvote 1

Just now, gurn said:

That decision, how it was made, and who was 'consulted" about it; turned me from a fan of  all NHL hockey into a Canuck fan.

Absolute bs how that suspension was handled.

Basically, I'm in the same boat. It's easy to say "move on" but I won't until we win, and maybe even then I might not let it go. I like paying attention to what goes on around the league, and there are other teams I'll root for, but Nucks are the only team I actively dig my teeth into. 

• Upvote 1

IMHO it should be 3 games, but since its the playoffs and no injury on the play he will get 1 game. I expect Maroon will be trying to take a run at him next game because the DOPS wont have done anything to control the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Basically, I'm in the same boat. It's easy to say "move on" but I won't until we win, and maybe even then I might not let it go. I like paying attention to what goes on around the league, and there are other teams I'll root for, but Nucks are the only team I actively dig my teeth into. 

That series is that finally made it clear beyond a doubt that the league is rigged.  I simply won't trust the league again until a new commissioner is brought in who makes the integrity of the game a priority.  It's inexcusable that Campbell wasn't fired after written proof of his attempts at match-fixing was made public.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, King Heffy said:

That series is that finally made it clear beyond a doubt that the league is rigged.  I simply won't trust the league again until a new commissioner is brought in who makes the integrity of the game a priority.  It's inexcusable that Campbell wasn't fired after written proof of his attempts at match-fixing was made public.

While Campbell shoukd have been fired for that fiasco, match fixing is a reach at best.