The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, tas said:

I feel like maybe your season isn't going so well when there are that many grey silhouettes in your starting lineup. 

TBF I can't quite summon the willpower to add images at this point :towel:

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well....love my team.  Feel great for them that they appear to regaining strength and form.  Too bad this season didn't allow time for recovery and that the hole that was dug early on was just too much to overcome.

I am not basing any sort of evaluation on this year.  "It is what it is".

Go team.   There's a consolation in losing, but winners like to win.  And I support that mentality, first and foremost.

giphy.gif

Well said and thank you Deb and to those that love the team and believe we will be prepared and hungrier to be back as a playoff team. :towel:

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, SNuck said:

2021-05-18-VANvsCGY.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

I look at this Canuck lineup, and I'm totally amazed that they are engaged enough to play out the remaining games of the season. 5 games in 7 nights, no practices, one regular short of a top 6, and 4 of 6 regulars missing from the bottom 6. Yet they lose in OT last night, and "fans" are ragging on them for losing out on a lottery seed. I want those 5 back in September, and if McEwen, Graovac, Highmore, and I'm seeing a bit more in Vesey to come back and challenge for a spot on this roster as well. I'd rather have the don't quit attitude, than the "lose at all cost" mantra that many fans on this board are yapping about.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Hopefully see more from Gadjovich.  Time to teach those gutless clowns that they're going to be in a world of hurt if they don't start playing like men and cut out the cheap shots.  Sending the turtle to the ICU would make for a fantastic end to the season.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

in the next 2 games I will cheer for the team,  whatever happens, happens. however I would hate to see to see more useless negativity if they happen to win 2 straight, many people don't like it.

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, SNuck said:

dude chill

I rescind my passive aggressiveness, but most people don't  like being called out for their bad manners. I don't mind pointing out that if you said these things to the  actual  players they would be devastated.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I look at this Canuck lineup, and I'm totally amazed that they are engaged enough to play out the remaining games of the season. 5 games in 7 nights, no practices, one regular short of a top 6, and 4 of 6 regulars missing from the bottom 6. Yet they lose in OT last night, and "fans" are ragging on them for losing out on a lottery seed. I want those 5 back in September, and if McEwen, Graovac, Highmore, and I'm seeing a bit more in Vesey to come back and challenge for a spot on this roster as well. I'd rather have the don't quit attitude, than the "lose at all cost" mantra that many fans on this board are yapping about.

Gotta say, the guy that has (pleasantly) surprised me is Rathbone.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1