The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Oh well... whatever!! Green may not be back next season as both sides are haggling over dimes and nickels.... LOL.... I'm sure we can get a decent coach at the right price.... as I said, I care more about JB's moves this summer... he gotta find some good bargain buys!!!

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hard to say. I could see it if Michaelis needed a couple more games to meet expansion eligibility but thats not it. Maybe its just part of stealth tank, but they aren't really trying to tank. 

Dunno Phil, spin the wheel. 

7B8239DA-8F91-492F-ABA0-919508799165.gif

6 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I care more about JB's moves this summer... he gotta find some good bargain buys!!!

Other than Hamonic, who arguably isn't playing much over his salary anyway, has JB ever got a 'bargain' on the FA market? 

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

he might, and i also expect some growing pains. Hes made some nice defensive plays but also a few very concerning defensive plays too. I believe he can get there, but expect a few mishaps.

Hamonic leads the league in shorthanded scoring against, in a bad way.

also Having  2 players unable to kill a penalty on your D spells trouble

Hmm suspect on the Hamonic news. Last time I looked at his metrics they were solid af. Maybe not PK I don’t know for sure. 

Joulevi looked decent up until he was playing with Chatfield. But yes there will be more growing pains.

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hard to say. I could see it if Michaelis needed a couple more games to meet expansion eligibility but thats not it. Maybe its just part of stealth tank, but they aren't really trying to tank. 

Dunno Phil, spin the wheel. 

Seattle is not taking Michaelis.

• Haha 2

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Watch me jump to conclusions as I suggest that Travis Green’s body language is not that of a coach who is coming back next year.

There’s a map for that you know.

A jump to conclusions map 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Any reason why Lind is not playing anymore??? Did he suck badly in those games??  and Gadj doesn't deserve another look?? I just don't get it.... and Michaelis gets to play ahead of our prospects...

not sure if it was his fault or what, but when he is on the Ice the team only gets about 31.6% of all scoring chances or about 12% less relative to teammates.

Other than the Lotto line he is 4th in average goals against per 60  and zippo  going the other  way.

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

not sure if it was his fault or what, but when he is on the Ice the team only gets about 31.6% of all scoring chances or about 12% less relative to teammates.

Other than the Lotto line he is 4th in average goals against per 60  and zippo  going the other  way.

but so what? kid needs the minutes to grow his game. I'd rather see him get some learnin' in. Maybe there's some sort of recall reason, the whole taxi and recall thing has been complicated. 

20 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Hmm suspect on the Hamonic news. Last time I looked at his metrics they were solid af. Maybe not PK I don’t know for sure. 

Joulevi looked decent up until he was playing with Chatfield. But yes there will be more growing pains.

only takes about 1 click to check my numbers.

here were my minimums i lowered them to include anyone who played 10 or more games and 1+SH minutes TOI PG. he then improves to 2nd. I'm not discluding many players here, just the ones who aren't regulars.  when you lower  it  to  0.5 a minute  and 5GP he becomes 7th worst, 3 of those  players played  less than 10x as many minutes as Hamonic.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?aggregate=0&report=penaltykill&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20202021&seasonTo=20202021&gameType=2&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,10&filter=shTimeOnIcePerGame,gte,1&sort=ppGoalsAgainstPer60&page=0&pageSize=50

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?aggregate=0&report=penaltykill&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20202021&seasonTo=20202021&gameType=2&position=D&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,5&filter=shTimeOnIcePerGame,gte,0.5&sort=ppGoalsAgainstPer60&page=0&pageSize=50