The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Well imagine my surprise to see the final score line, when I logged back in.....I guess it says a lot about both teams, where one plays so poorly to be down by 4 goals....then the other team for blowing a 4 goal lead...both SHYTE....

Nice to see the Eagle getting his 100 before having the OT goal go off his stick.....and I guess the positive to take away is that they kepted on trying ....

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. Will Schmidt be happy with his drop in production if it continues next season? 

Interesting question. Definitely not if he was coming up on the end of a contract. He’s locked up though maybe that aspect doesn’t matter as much to him 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Interesting question. Definitely not if he was coming up on the end of a contract. He’s locked up though maybe that aspect doesn’t matter as much to him 

Fair point. Does he already have a ring from when he was in Washington?

51 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

**********************************side note***********************************

Is it my imagination, or has M Tkachuk reeled in his imbecile-orangutan antics? Don't watch the Flamerz much, but seems there's been less melodrama emanating from that abyss. Is it possible our Van vet-beauts read this guy the riot act(informing him how he's perceived by opponents)? It's a pleasing notion, that some perennial league-morons can be nudged/led into acting like reasonable human beings. Would serve the league well, if such possibilities exist.

Hated his ol' man..but his bro is absolutely quite the player. There's no denying this guy has talent & ability, if he got his head sorted out.

I honestly think it's most likely because he's having his worst year, statistically, since his rookie year and his whole team is just floundering when they came in to the year expecting a deep playoff run.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He missed it by one year (was actually on the opposing team [Vegas] in the Finals when the Caps won it.

Schmidt is a better player than we've seen so far.  It's just that it was hard for *ANYBODY* to look good this season.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Another good point. No. Caps beat Vegas in cup finals. Schmidt was nabbed in expansion draft 

Edited by Devron44
Spelling

56 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Well imagine my surprise to see the final score line, when I logged back in.....I guess it says a lot about both teams, where one plays so poorly to be down by 4 goals....then the other team for blowing a 4 goal lead...both SHYTE....

Nice to see the Eagle getting his 100 before having the OT goal go off his stick.....and I guess the positive to take away is that they kepted on trying ....

Edler didn’t get his 100th, Brock tipped it.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He missed it by one year (was actually on the opposing team [Vegas] in the Finals when the Caps won it.

Schmidt is a better player than we've seen so far.  It's just that it was hard for *ANYBODY* to look good this season.

49 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Another good point. No. Caps beat Vegas in cup finals. Schmidt was nabbed in expansion draft 

I believe most of this defense is a hell of a lot better than they’re playing. I find it hard to believe that a rookie sensation like Hughes and reliable seasoned players like Myers, Hamonic, and Schmidt would all of a sudden have a dip in production together without there being some similarities in causation. 

I will stand by my opinion that removing Bummer and Brown as assistant coaches will greatly improve the coaching. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Is it my imagination, or has M Tkachuk reeled in his imbecile-orangutan antics? Don't watch the Flamerz much, but seems there's been less melodrama emanating from that abyss. Is it possible our Van vet-beauts read this guy the riot act(informing him how he's perceived by opponents)? It's a pleasing notion, that some perennial league-morons can be nudged/led into acting like reasonable human beings. Would serve the league well, if such possibilities exist.

He's scared of Gadjovich putting him in the hospital if he pulls any of his usual crap.  His sudden decent behaviour is solely out of cowardice; he's still a complete waste of oxygen and the league will be better when either an enforcer or the NHL prevents that subhuman scumbag from disgracing the sport.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Answered your own question there. 

Yea yea....but there aren't many studs at this point.

It's kind of weird right? I mean why's he on the team? Pay me $400k/year to atta boy  Bo.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea yea....but there aren't many studs at this point.

It's kind of weird right? I mean why's he on the team? Pay me $400k/year to atta boy  Bo.

Sends a pretty clear message that he has no chance of playing on the Canucks next year, even as an injury replacement.  Hopefully this convinces him do the right thing and retire, or do a mutual termination if he'd like to try to and continue floating in an NHL jersey.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Schmidt and Myers have each sat out for a game. Now it's Hughes' and Edler's turn to sit out for one game each for the remaining two games.

I think both Rathbone and Myers will draw back in and Hughes/Edler and Chatfield will draw out.

Edler will play 100% to get his 100th goal for @debluvscanucks that is for sure. Hughes/Chatfield can have a seat so Myers and Bones can draw back in. 

• Thanks 1