The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, sassbs said:

How is this not frustrating for you?????   
I haven’t watched a single Canucks game.  And I cannot wait for thr off season when owners fire every suit!!!  

and yes I’ve been a fan and following this team for 27 years.   

I can’t wait for the off-season when they don’t fire anybody and shut up all the blind fools. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Davidson: 301 NHL games; gaa of 3.52

Playing: St. Louis: 1973-74, 74-75 = 79 games

GM in St. Louis: 2006 - 2012. 

Geof Courtnall: 1990-91= 66 games in St. Louis; he left to play 5 years in Vancouver and then went back to St. Louis to finish his career from 1995-2000. 

So the two never crossed paths. 

I checked wikipedia, they never did cross paths in St louis, I always thought he was Pres in the Courtnall yrs there.

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Crazy to think some people have written of Hughes defensive game. 21 years old. People man

It’s insane, literally the one flaw in his game is the thing that can be improved upon in experience and coaching. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So the Flames broadcaster is bald eh. 

Rick Ball, used to be a B.C. broadcaster early days of TSN1040- did play by play for the Lions iirc.

He and Brent Butt of Corner Gas fame had a contest to see who had the biggest head, can't remember who won, but the tape measure got a work out with both of them.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1

Our guys have to remember how this feels....to just have fun and play their game without the pressure.  The mental aspect of the game is huge....there was immense pressure for them this year and it took a toll.  They started squeezing their sticks, forcing plays and overthinking things that put them a step behind (well, also their schedule and COVID sort of escalated that to a new level).

When they just "play their game" they're much better.   I mean, we are playing the Flames but as their energy comes back and they've recovered, our guys are really not as bad as some would make them out to be.  I feel excited for the future with this group.  If they can show some of this pushback and keep building on being a tougher team to play against, it's encouraging.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1