The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's scared of Gadjovich putting him in the hospital if he pulls any of his usual crap.  His sudden decent behaviour is solely out of cowardice; he's still a complete waste of oxygen and the league will be better when either an enforcer or the NHL prevents that subhuman scumbag from disgracing the sport.

I still remember the first time Vancouver played the Flamers after Gudbranson fractured Hamonic's jaw. Tkapuke was entering the Canucks d-zone, saw Gudbranson, and scurried away quietly, like the real piece of crap he is, showing his true inner character.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sends a pretty clear message that he has no chance of playing on the Canucks next year, even as an injury replacement.  Hopefully this convinces him do the right thing and retire, or do a mutual termination if he'd like to try to and continue floating in an NHL jersey.

Does retiring mean leaving 6mil on the table?

I would understand why he wouldn't if so.

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

Man I wish we could just play both games tomorrow and get it over with. 

Why would we do that? Cant let the NHL brass off that easy we want them to watch our boys fight an extra day! Just to remind everyone we will be back stronger next season. :towel:

5 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Why would we do that? Cant let the NHL brass off that easy we want them to watch our boys fight an extra day! Just to remind everyone we will be back stronger next season. :towel:

At the rate we’re getting stronger we’d need another 50 years to compete in the playoffs from what I’ve been seeing the last few days.

13 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Edler will play 100% to get his 100th goal for @debluvscanucks that is for sure. Hughes/Chatfield can have a seat so Myers and Bones can draw back in. 

Yes, we all want to see Edler get his 100th goal. Green did mention that he is going to sit out his veteran defencemen and rotate them with his young defencemen. Is Edler an exception? I guess we will find out.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes, we all want to see Edler get his 100th goal. Green did mention that he is going to sit out his veteran defencemen and rotate them with his young defencemen. Is Edler an exception? I guess we will find out.

if he scores tomorrow, I bet he sits wednesday. if not, he plays. 

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah he would be the exception. Which I’m ok with, this could be the Eagles last 2 games as a Canuck and I for one appreciate his dedication to this organization. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Once he receives his $1m bonus, he will make $3m (but still the $6m cap hit).  I'm hoping they can make and 'arrangement' with him to walk away.  He may have to spend his remaining year playing in Abbotsford if not, but I'd rather not see that happen.

Me too.  There's no turning back now....he's out in my mind.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too.  There's no turning back now....he's out in my mind.  

I get the sense that they've already settled something with him.  JB just doesn't seem to have any concerns about the cap next season.  I also think they will buy out Rousell and that somehow Jake will disappear.  Ferland and Beagle (maybe) will be on LITR, which is an extra $6.6m.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So weird...this came up in my FB memories today.  I posted it exactly 10 years ago today....fresh faced baby Edler.

image.png

do u think he will retire?  They are really trying to get him his 100th , i mean if he was back next year it would not be a big deal