The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Cali Canuck said:

anyone else watching?  I missed the predication thread so I'll post it here:

4-2 Flames  - 4-2 Canucks - check

Johnny Hockey (shortest guy on the ice) Tyler Myers (tallest guy on the ice) - check

Not sure of the bonus question so I'll with Canucks with more shots - Flames with more shots - check

bonus bonus question will Travis be the Canucks coach when the 2021-22 season starts - No - does this mean Yes

My reverse jinx post was 100% on first 3 ... hopefully I'm right on the last one too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

he doesn't even seem to be good enough for the shl, so I doubt the sharks are too eager to bring him over. 

That's just a childish comment. 

But this forum has a few very young fans. 

The Sharks said they want him back.

A player like Henrik Zetterberg said that JD was too good for HA. 

I want him to play for Timrå. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Points don’t make you a franchise defenseman.

he’s got a long ways to go to master the other elements of the game.

And he will with experience. And if Hughes ain’t a franchise dman no one in this draft is. Bad hot take is bad. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Kent Johnson is crazy.

I was watching some Power highlights and a lot of the plays were setup by Kent Johnson. 

yeah I was watching his highlights and he set up Berniers and Powers a lot. he's creative and a great play maker but he also has a wicked shot.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

14 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Someone please quote me on this.   Green benning brown and baumgartner are all gone!

In fact, I’m so confident in that..... if they don’t fire any of them, I will wear a maple leafs shirt/jersey and boxers for 1 year.   I’ll even buy bed sheets with maple leafs logo everywhere  

If none get fired, will you post a picture of yourself wearing all of that? Laying on the sheets??

If yes, I may just put you on ignore now - I don't want to see that, and I may forget to until it's too late and I see things that can't be unseen....

• Haha 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

And he will with experience. And if Hughes ain’t a franchise dman no one in this draft is. Bad hot take is bad. 

What a dumb statement.

Power brings the same elements as Hughes but he can play physical and defend in his own end. That’s a franchise defenseman.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not like they have a choice, he’s a 23rd fwd at best. :lol:

As the Canucks they probably only want him in AHL wich is the wrong path. 

SHL and if he proves his worth there, test him. But if he is only SHL worthy, let him stay there. 

Just now, Timråfan said:

That's just a childish comment. 

But this forum has a few very young fans. 

The Sharks said they want him back.

A player like Henrik Zetterberg said that JD was too good for HA. 

I want him to play for Timrå. 

? the guy has yet to make the leap from allsvenskan to shl, how is it childish? it's simple fact. the guy is 24 this year, that's like a 3rd of a decent pro career spent toiling in the, what, 5th or 6th best pro league in the world? he's running out of time rapidly. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

As the Canucks they probably only want him in AHL wich is the wrong path. 

SHL and if he proves his worth there, test him. But if he is only SHL worthy, let him stay there. 

He will stay there as he is not even AHL worthy.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, tas said:

? the guy has yet to make the leap from allsvenskan to shl, how is it childish? it's simple fact. the guy is 24 this year, that's like a 3rd of a decent pro career spent toiling in the, what, 5th or 6th best pro league in the world? he's running out of time rapidly. 

He is already in SHL. So I hope the Sharks let him stay there.

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

yeah I was watching his highlights and he set up Berniers and Powers a lot. he's creative and a great play maker but he also has a wicked shot.

BC kid and his coach used to be Jeff Tambellini.

Going to be an interesting draft.

• Huggy Bear 1