The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I believe most of this defense is a hell of a lot better than they’re playing. I find it hard to believe that a rookie sensation like Hughes and reliable seasoned players like Myers, Hamonic, and Schmidt would all of a sudden have a dip in production together without there being some similarities in causation. 

I will stand by my opinion that removing Bummer and Brown as assistant coaches will greatly improve the coaching. 

Yeah, hiring a new staff (except Clark) would probably be the most prudent move at this time; I would really like to see this roster with a different staff and preferably all the FA will walk (especially, in the D core; as well as Sutter)

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Once he receives his $1m bonus, he will make $3m (but still the $6m cap hit).  I'm hoping they can make and 'arrangement' with him to walk away.  He may have to spend his remaining year playing in Abbotsford if not, but I'd rather not see that happen.

I think arrangements have been made also.

59xs8z.gif

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Today's (not so) fun fact

Loui is tied for 100th in Canucks all-time points 

So? Quinn Hughes is 96th, JT Miller is 80th, Elias Pettersson is 58th and Brock Boeser is 38th. And they have all been here for a lot less than Loui.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

thought it was interesting - put me on ignore, that is one of my more riveting posts....

I'd never put someone on ignore for that. Forgot to add Horvat at 23rd. Just pointing out that our future is super bright with our current core. Cheers

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I'd never put someone on ignore for that. Forgot to add Horvat at 23rd. Just pointing out that our future is super bright with our current core. Cheers

Our future is dark green.

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

So? Quinn Hughes is 96th, JT Miller is 80th, Elias Pettersson is 58th and Brock Boeser is 38th. And they have all been here for a lot less than Loui.

If only Louie was dubbed a ‘foundational’ player when he was signed. Things might have been different. LOL

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I get the sense that they've already settled something with him.  JB just doesn't seem to have any concerns about the cap next season.  I also think they will buy out Rousell and that somehow Jake will disappear.  Ferland and Beagle (maybe) will be on LITR, which is an extra $6.6m.

JB does not have any concerns because he knows he won’t be here.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Once he receives his $1m bonus, he will make $3m (but still the $6m cap hit).  I'm hoping they can make and 'arrangement' with him to walk away.  He may have to spend his remaining year playing in Abbotsford if not, but I'd rather not see that happen.

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

I think arrangements have been made also.

59xs8z.gif

17 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If only Louie was dubbed a ‘foundational’ player when he was signed. Things might have been different. LOL

If he doesn’t stick to the arrangement he might end up in a different kind of foundation. 

1A460C95-F5F9-42F2-9CDD-DF169BC79754.jpeg

• Haha 3

If we do have a new coach next season I’d like to see the top 6 lines reimagined a little.

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Hoglander Miller Podkolzin 

Put Horvat in an offensive role and take away center responsibilities from Petey.

Loading up that top line and keeping Miller at center could really bolster our offense IMO.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I get the sense that they've already settled something with him.  JB just doesn't seem to have any concerns about the cap next season.  I also think they will buy out Rousell and that somehow Jake will disappear.  Ferland and Beagle (maybe) will be on LITR, which is an extra $6.6m.

I certainly hope so.  John Weisbrod being the assistant general manager doesn't inspire alot of confidence in me.  Wasn't he that guy that had a hand in that ill-fated Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet?