The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Nice win.  I like the fight they are playing with.  

I figure we will pick 10 or 11.

I have 8 guys that I want in this draft

Power

Edvinsson

Hughes

Clark

Johnson

Eklund

Beniers

Guenther

I'm pretty sure we will get one of them at 10 or 11.  There are always a few surprises in the top 10, I could see Wallstedt, Cuelemans going higher than expected.  

I like that list and I'm sure one of them will be there for us to pick. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Say that to DeNiro who said he isn’t and wont be one because he’s to busy crying over spilled milk. 

it's ok, he'll flop back the other direction by training camp. DeNiro has been flipflopping back and forth on every issue here for decades. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/francesco-must-go?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Im just here for some good drama. The person who fundraised fire benning has started another one ahahahha

Well so far they have raised $150. They only need around another $1 billion to totally buy out the Aquilini family. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Cool.  And they will feel great about that for the night.  
The fan base and the ticket buyers would probably appreciate a better shot at a better prospect than a couple minutes of good feels. No?   I know I would. 

Kinda like having a bad year and getting Petey instead of Lias Anderson.  Everyone knows if the Rangers has better position in the draft they were going to take Petey. 

I trust JB to be prepared and know who he should take.  I’d like the Canucks to have all the options they can.   
Im already over the fun of this win. 

And look where's the Canucks for BB and NH, and vice versa JV and OJ.  I get why a higher draft pick seems so appealing but unless there is a guy the Canucks absolutely have targeted that's falls before their pick I ain't sweating it too much.  The Canucks have their young core in place-the key now is to hit on their picks no matter where they draft if they want to be a successful organization.  I'd probably be more concerned about the scouting department, not that that's a worry as well.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That and you hate Benning so you read what you want to read and make up the rest. 

Goodness me, why would I hate Benning?

I think he doesn’t have the necessary skills a GM should have.

That isn’t hate… 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Hughes is a franchise dman in the making.

Which is what my point is. Noting this seems to be taken as a slight to Hughes for some reason.

Meh, you guys win, dumb argument is dumb. From now on, tell anyone who notes that Hughes shouldn't get the Norris this year and every year hereafter,  is a bozo. 

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wish they donated all to charity and vowed to not reproduce. 

unfortunately, procreation seems to be the one thing that dumb people are universally adept at. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, tas said:

it's ok, he'll flop back the other direction by training camp. DeNiro has been flipflopping back and forth on every issue here for decades. 

True after praising Benning's drafting previously, it is now no good cause Virtanen, Juolevi and Podkolzin is a question mark.

Meanwhile our win (loss) today cost us a surefire franchise dman. The flipflop is real. 

2 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Which is what my point is. Noting this seems to be taken as a slight to Hughes for some reason.

Meh, you guys win, dumb argument is dumb. From now on, tell anyone who notes that Hughes shouldn't get the Norris this year and every year hereafter,  is a bozo. 

regards,  G.

Oh G. You are so wise. 
Teach me your ways. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nhl/news/nhl-draft-prospect-spring-rankings-2021-luke-hughes-top-32/1s3ugb6kcukzo19up6qqd3xpsy

Owen Power is such a consensus franchise defencman that he is ranked #6 by the FC Hockey. Wouldn’t a franchise stud defencman be ranked #1 by everyone? 

Maybe it’s because there is so much uncertainty this year that the top 10 can go either way. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

No one said any of that? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nhl/news/nhl-draft-prospect-spring-rankings-2021-luke-hughes-top-32/1s3ugb6kcukzo19up6qqd3xpsy

Owen Power is such a consensus franchise defencman that he is ranked #6 by the FC Hockey. Wouldn’t a franchise stud defencman be ranked #1 by everyone? 

Maybe it’s because there is so much uncertainty this year that the top 10 can go either way. 

Which is exactly why I’m not getting bent out of shape moving down, or planning the parade if we win the lottery. 

• Upvote 1

I know Vesey is playing really well recently. BUT he is only playing well because the Flames have already given up so they aren't giving their full effort.

Please Benning, I know how much you like to give term and $ to fringe players. But for the love of god do not sign Vesey