The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

The most deserving depth player for a contract is Hamonic. I would like to see him back next year at a 1 year 1.5 - 2 mil deal. He has given huggy a lot of confidence and is sound defensively. One of the better pick ups by Jim. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

All of whom were undoubtedly NHLers when signed.  Vesey does not fit that description. 

I’m not saying Jim is going to sign Vesey to a 3x3. I’m saying it wouldn’t surprise me if he made a move like that. Given his history. 

• RoughGame 2

26 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Love the way Hoglander sells out every single shift that play where they took him down with no penalty called and he kept going after the puck beautiful player 

Basically a Swedish version of this...

I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

If Benning stays (which I hope not) he needs the phone taken away from him on July 1st. I am still baffled at the Pearson signing. But such is life. 

Yeah, hindsight had not been kind to most of JBs' signings but the bottom 6 players &.agents are loving it when santa JB is on the line.  Would hope JB can look at what the Laffs are doing by signing former first line players to cheap & short term deals that can actually mentor from actual experiences as top line players; with the added bonus of not just being good at face offs.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, hindsight had not been kind to most of JBs' signings but the bottom 6 players &.agents are loving it when santa JB is on the line.  Would hope JB can look at the Laffs are doing by signing former first line players to cheap & short term deals that can actually mentor from actual experiences as top line players with the added of not just being good at face offs.

100 percent agree. You compare the Toffoli contract with Pearson and it’s not that far off. I still can’t wrap my head around that one. Spezza was a beauty signing. Same with Perry in Montreal. Low risk high reward type contracts.