The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

whose killing then penalties?

schmidt and myers ok......

Juolevi and Hamonic? yikes.........

Joulevi could very well end up being solid on the PK. I look forward to seeing him next year now with some games under his belt 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

These appear to be the lineup changes for the Canucks:

OUT: Holtby, Juolevi, Chatfield, MacEwen, Gadjovich.

IN: Demko, Rathbone, Myers, Michaelis, Lockwood.

NOTE: MacEwen is under the weather, Silovs will back up Demko.

Michaelis needs to be in over Gadjovich? Really? What is the point of that? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

So excited to see how Lockwood does in his NHL debut. He has a ton of potential and looking forward to seeing him out there

Same too bad the game is during work hours

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Also, what is up with Jake being sued? Is he on his way out of Vancity if matters aren’t resolved soon enough?

just have to wait and see how it plays out 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Any reason why Lind is not playing anymore??? Did he suck badly in those games??  and Gadj doesn't deserve another look?? I just don't get it.... and Michaelis gets to play ahead of our prospects...

Exactly. I get that the season is dwindling down and there's really nothing left to play for, but at least put some players in that'll make an impact. I guess Green wasn't happy with Gadj's truculence. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. I get that the season is dwindling down and there's really nothing left to play for, but at least put some players in that'll make an impact. I guess Green wasn't happy with Gadj's truculence. 

I don’t buy that narrative of truculence. Green praised Gadj in his interview after. But I also don’t agree with playing Michaelis in place of him. It’s more of a earn your strips mentality with Green. The give away in the first. I imagine he’ll play next game. I don’t necessarily agree with that philosophy but that’s what I see as opposed to the “Green doesn’t want to play tough” narrative 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green is being a bit harsh... we would never know if the kids got potential to stick in the NHL if we don't give at least 5+ games especially these are mean nothing games!!  We should let DiPietro have a start too!

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Michaelis needs to be in over Gadjovich? Really? What is the point of that? 

hard to say. I could see it if Michaelis needed a couple more games to meet expansion eligibility but thats not it. Maybe its just part of stealth tank, but they aren't really trying to tank. 

Dunno Phil, spin the wheel. 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t buy that narrative of truculence. Green praised Gadj in his interview after. But I also don’t agree with playing Michaelis in place of him. It’s more of a earn your strips mentality with Green. The give away in the first. I imagine he’ll play next game. I don’t necessarily agree with that philosophy but that’s what I see as opposed to the “Green doesn’t want to play tough” narrative 

I've never understood how a coach could expect kids to come into their first games - knowing how nervous they might be - and not giving them any slack whatsoever for the odd mistake.

Hell, we've seen enough of our vets making boneheaded plays with no repercussions.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

Joulevi could very well end up being solid on the PK. I look forward to seeing him next year now with some games under his belt 

he might, and i also expect some growing pains. Hes made some nice defensive plays but also a few very concerning defensive plays too. I believe he can get there, but expect a few mishaps.

Hamonic leads the league in shorthanded scoring against, in a bad way.

also Having  2 players unable to kill a penalty on your D spells trouble

Love that J-Bone is back in, Lockwood gets his first NHL game (this kid has been through a lot in terms of injuries)…but I don’t like that Gadj is being shelved for what looks like the last two games. Travis, I have your back on most things, but not this.