The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twins Coming Back?

Rate this topic

HKSR

24 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Seems like a PR move by the owner to tone down the negative stuff on the team if he keeps Benning and Weisbrod, moslty its leaning that will.

yup i was right

#FrancescoMustGo

#Selltheteam 

Edited by Squamfan
  • Haha 3
  • RoughGame 2

2 hours ago, xereau said:

This just feels like PR moves to me, but hey, I'm simply a moron.

It is a PR move. Its the same move as the Linden hire. And just like the Linden hire, Linden has no power and no say and so will the Sedins.

7 hours ago, BoKnows said:

nah pass

Agree, if anything this team needs to desperately GET RID OF the passive, meek, soft, polite Euro-Swedish aura that has hampered this team for 20 years and which was brainwashed into once tough Canadian player Bo Horavat by the Sedins.   We need to get some character, fire in the belly players, not draft & develop more players into Finesse Euro sponge players that look good in the regular season and get crushed when the tough gets going. 

I've watched Naslund get his lights knocked out by Moore, The Sedins treated like whimps and pussys in the Boston S.Cup finals punched square in face with no response and Petterson picked up in the air and slammed into the ice like a bag of potatoes.   None of them pushed back !   Totally embarrassing!  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Hope this is just a rumour would rather have players that has some bite in them when pushed rather than (we all know & remember).  If it did happen and they are able to have a positive affect then hindsight will prove this was a good hire.

If you honestly think the Twins had no bite you are delusional my friend. You ask any NHLer or Exec that played against them and they will tell you they were both tough as nails for the amount of punishment they took on and off the ice, just because they always took the high road doesn’t classify them as           “ needing bite” they just did things the right way and we would be lucky to have them again in some capacity moving forward as this core chases the cup. 

53 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

If you honestly think the Twins had no bite you are delusional my friend. You ask any NHLer or Exec that played against them and they will tell you they were both tough as nails for the amount of punishment they took on and off the ice, just because they always took the high road doesn’t classify them as           “ needing bite” they just did things the right way and we would be lucky to have them again in some capacity moving forward as this core chases the cup. 

I watched them play there whole career from the time Burke made the trade till there last game.  What I meant is a Ryan Reeves type reaction when someone is using your face as a punching bag.  I am not taking anything away from there many accomplishments, there tenacity on the ice (probably your version of biting back ?); and much respect for how they conducted themselves on & off the ice - true gentlemens !

My point, winning the cup is a battle and (imo) that 2011 team that went to the cup was a very talented roster (perhaps the most talented in Canucks history) and they were beaten down (more so) in the final series against the Bruins - who were obviously playing under a different set of rules.

Edited by ShawnAntoski