Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twins Coming Back?

Rate this topic


HKSR
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Correct.  Players that aren't as physically gifted or skilled have to try that much harder and often think the game at a better level then the ones that have that. WG would have surpassed Bowman by now if that were the case.   Roy maybe too (although he did win the Adams didn't he?).    There is a reason that the best coaches all-time weren't the best players all-time.    Look at the list.   Who amongst them is also a HHOF player?  

 

Edit:  Larry Robinson might be the exception if he coached longer.    What a player and for sure a great coach too.   Wherever he's gone greatness follows him. 

 

Look at the top ten.   Pat Quin and Al Arbour ... decent NHLers, great coaches.  Quenville too.   Not Pat Burns.   Not Bowman.   Not Keenan (ugh).   Not Trotz,  not Hitchcock.   Travis Green deserves his chance too.   Glad he's not a NYR or Buffalo coach. 

Toe Blake was a pretty good player.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, ShawnAntoski said:

I watched them play there whole career from the time Burke made the trade till there last game.  What I meant is a Ryan Reeves type reaction when someone is using your face as a punching bag.  I am not taking anything away from there many accomplishments, there tenacity on the ice (probably your version of biting back ?); and much respect for how they conducted themselves on & off the ice - true gentlemens !

 

My point, winning the cup is a battle and (imo) that 2011 team that went to the cup was a very talented roster (perhaps the most talented in Canucks history) and they were beaten down (more so) in the final series against the Bruins - who were obviously playing under a different set of rules.

You are right!!! You have to play a little dirty under the radar and between the whistles to be successful and win a couple of games in the playoffs.. just like WWE playing dirty wins you champion ship belts...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 10:15 PM, aznmonk said:

You are right!!! You have to play a little dirty under the radar and between the whistles to be successful and win a couple of games in the playoffs.. just like WWE playing dirty wins you champion ship belts...

I wouldn't go so far, as dirty cause I would not want to defend a douche teammate - especially, if that teammate was trying to hurt an opposing player and in the long run it only attracts the wrong thing to the locker room.

 

My point, hockey is a team sport and (more so in the playoffs) - it is about sending the right message at the right time, regardless of the Zebras/ the league cause eventually, the message will get around the league.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they'd be fantastic as overseas scouts but if they want to be closer and more involved in management, I'm sure there's a place for them. Best hockey IQ we've seen on-ice in...ever...so it's worth trusting them, not to forget they've been around the sport a long time now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2021 at 10:15 PM, aznmonk said:

You are right!!! You have to play a little dirty under the radar and between the whistles to be successful and win a couple of games in the playoffs.. just like WWE playing dirty wins you champion ship belts...

Except Jeremy Jacobs is Vince McMahon.  :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Thanks Vintage.  I don't do twitter, but ended up checking this out, and found a pretty cool discussion of whether Cole Caufield was the guy to pick with Craig Button yelling NO NO it's way too early lol.   Can't wait to see this guy in a Canucks uniform.   Exactly what our top six and our team needs.   Guys a gamer. Has the "it" factor,  and will hit guys hard, steal the puck, pass the puck and shoot the puck!   Elite elite elite.   Might not happen right away but wouldn't be surprised if it did.    IF he becomes the best pick yet we are going to become a contender soon.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Thanks Vintage.  I don't do twitter, but ended up checking this out, and found a pretty cool discussion of whether Cole Caufield was the guy to pick with Craig Button yelling NO NO it's way too early lol.   Can't wait to see this guy in a Canucks uniform.   Exactly what our top six and our team needs.   Guys a gamer. Has the "it" factor,  and will hit guys hard, steal the puck, pass the puck and shoot the puck!   Elite elite elite.   Might not happen right away but wouldn't be surprised if it did.    IF he becomes the best pick yet we are going to become a contender soon.   

Which guy are you talking about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would they move back to Vancouver? Wonder if they can be full time employees while living in Sweden with how businesses have changed.

Edited by Kurgom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Would they move back to Vancouver? Wonder if they can be full time employees while living in Sweden with how businesses have changed.

Don’t the Twins live here already?  

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Would they move back to Vancouver? Wonder if they can be full time employees while living in Sweden with how businesses have changed.

 

they never left. 

 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t the Twins live here already?  

yup.

  • Sedinery 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...