The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Twins Coming Back?

Rate this topic

HKSR

4 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Kinda look like Edler lol 

normally when people make these kinds of comparisons I feel like they must suffer from face blindness, but this one is right on the money. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

Too bad they won't play for the Canucks again.  Their magic on the third and/or fourth line would change the dynamics of our team.  But as mentor coaches for this younger team is invaluable.

One of the positives for Vcr is the team attitude, and that was instilled by the Sedins. I believe it still exists today. A refresher would help IMO. Just the odd wander through the room will endorse a good attitude. Intellectually I'd say they bring a lot of what's missing to the team. To much old school and not enough Intellect ( bad firing Gilman... a man that thought through problems ). When  I listen to that tape of JB addressing his scouts prior to the Virtanen draft I see too much old school thinking. Conversely when i watch Brackett addressing the scouts I see a symptomatic train of thought and a target of what we're looking for.

Canucks draft meeting: Jake Virtanen - All Access - YouTube

Behind Closed Doors at the Canucks Pre-Draft Scouting Meetings - YouTube

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, tas said:

normally when people make these kinds of comparisons I feel like they must suffer from face blindness, but this one is right on the money. 

"insert joke about how Edler can screw me both on and off the ice"

I have no idea what happened behind the Linden debacle, but hopefully AQ leans on the twins as more than just a figurehead position.

Also, maybe Linden just wasn't a good exec - we will never know why there was such a huge falling out.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I like the move.  It's a good way for the Sedins to get back involved in the organization with hopefully not too much pressure.  Every team brings back past players from time to time and given the Sedins' continued presence in Vancouver, it can't hurt to bring them in at this level.  Who knows what the fruit of this will be, but it's hard to see this necessarily being "bad".  I doubt the Sedins are having their arms twisted to do this.

Former NHL stars have certainly proven to be very effective and efficient GMs lately. Especially after being trained and groomed in lesser roles for a few years. I'm really excited to see how this develops over the next while.

Edited by 204CanucksFan

19 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Former NHL stars have certainly proven to be very effective and efficient GMs lately. Especially after being trained and groomed in lesser roles for a few years. I'm really excited to see how this develops over the next while.

Yeah, give them a shot and all the best to them - GCG !

Edited by ShawnAntoski