The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not surprising. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Greener was gone though. 

Not a smart move letting Green coach the year on an expiring deal.  Believe in him or not, but don't let him hang like that.  There's a reason why he tended to lean on vets even when 'playoffs' were a distant possibility during the year.  Give him SOME security so he won't have problems getting prospects/developing players much needed icetime without him having to look over his shoulder.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Vancouver Connection said:

GUYS, LOOK DONT WORRY, I WAS ONCE LIKE YOU, BLINDLY SPENDING MY MONEY, WASTING MY TIME ON OWNERSHIP AND MANAGMENT THAT DOESN'T CARE TO WIN, THEN I SAW THE LIGHT, MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THE LIGHT NEXT YEAR WHEN WE ARE HERE AGAIN WITH BENNING AND CO.

If you think we will bad next year you are going to be sorely depressed cheering for the kraken 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JC2 said:

I'm glad the charade is over, for now at least. I don't agree with all of Bennings moves and I wouldn't have complained if he was replaced but he is still the GM and hopefully will be left alone to do his job. Next year will determine his future with this team. He needs to draft well again and the team needs to bounce back hard. He won't have covid as another exscuse for a second time.

You needed the word *reason* for the 5th last word in your para. Your subconcious would not even allow you to accurately spell the obviously, incorrect oversight! :^)

A SHYTE sched was another legitimate reason.

1 minute ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

GUYS, LOOK DONT WORRY, I WAS ONCE LIKE YOU, BLINDLY SPENDING MY MONEY, WASTING MY TIME ON OWNERSHIP AND MANAGMENT THAT DOESN'T CARE TO WIN, THEN I SAW THE LIGHT, MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THE LIGHT NEXT YEAR WHEN WE ARE HERE AGAIN WITH BENNING AND CO.

Yeah, don't care to win...2011, plus many many more examples!!! Ignorance at it's finest!! Thought you were leaving, or do you need more attention first...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not a smart move letting Green coach the year on an expiring deal.  Believe in him or not, but don't let him hang like that.  There's a reason why he tended to lean on vets even when 'playoffs' were a distant possibility during the year.  Give him SOME security so he won't have problems getting prospects/developing players much needed icetime without him having to look over his shoulder.

That depends on whether they want him back or not. They might feel the need for a different voice in the room. I bet management and ownership are having these sort of discussions now or are going to within the next 2 weeks. 

• Vintage 1

Now that word is out that Benning is back for another year I am thinking Travis will be back the only hold up I could see is term. If Benning is only extended 1 year ownership is probably not comfortable handing Travis a 3-4 year contract extension especially if they have to rid of Benning next year. A new GM will want his coach. I’m also thinking Sedins and Courtnall will be official by Friday.

This has been a tough year all around I’m really excited for the next phase with this core, Sedins coming back in some capacity, the upcoming draft. Things could be a lot worse, cheers to health and a brighter Canuck future because we all deserve it!:towel:

2 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

If you curtail the screaming, peace of mind is possible.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

JUST SENT MY TICKET CANCELLATION IF BENNING AND WEISBROD RETURN, BUYING KRAKEN TICKETS LETS GO BABY, LETS GO KRAKEN

3 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

yeah - you "saw the light" alright....33 minutes ago lol.

let us know how that turns out for you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That depends on whether they want him back or not. They might feel the need for a different voice in the room. I bet management and ownership are having these sort of discussions now or are going to within the next 2 weeks. 

imho, they should've had this discussion last year.  It's not like the Canucks ended on a bad note last season.  Never liked having a 'lame duck' head coach for a rebuilding club.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

6 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

Best Why Are You Still Here GIFs | Gfycat

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1