The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

If you think we will bad next year you are going to be sorely depressed cheering for the kraken 

The only ray of sunshine I give to Benning lovers is that Pettersson was injured for most of the season.

Other then that though, this season was all bad. 

I don't think there was any point at which I thought this team was deserving of a playoff spot.

That's all on JB.

• Haha 2

Just now, oldnews said:

even if that were true - what it would indicate is a GM that yields his authority when someone makes a concerted case - that allows his team members to make critical decisions, even ones he may not himself have made.

the reality is that Benning was probably not in a position to see a whole lot of Pettersson - while Gradin was - and Gradin's position was respected.

I'm not sure your claim carries what you appear to hope it does.

in the end, they took Pettersson.  and Benning had the final say there.  period.

yeah, I'm not sure that was the "gotcha" comment he expected it to be.  

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

even if that were true - what it would indicate is a GM that yields his authority when someone makes a concerted case - that allows his team members to make critical decisions, even ones he may not himself have made.

the reality is that Benning was probably not in a position to see a whole lot of Pettersson - while Gradin was - and Gradin's position was respected.

in the end, they took Pettersson.  and Benning had the final say there.  period.

Okay boss, sorry boss 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Fantastic point.  He was also smart enough to know which scout to listen to, as I am sure a couple of other scouts had other preferences.

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Pettersson was Gradins pick. Benning wanted Glass....

Petterson was delormes and inge hammarstroms pick. Stop making an alternative history so you can push your agenda. I have problems with benning too, but stop lying and actually make a strong argument about it

• Hydration 1

8 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

GUYS, LOOK DONT WORRY, I WAS ONCE LIKE YOU, BLINDLY SPENDING MY MONEY, WASTING MY TIME ON OWNERSHIP AND MANAGMENT THAT DOESN'T CARE TO WIN, THEN I SAW THE LIGHT, MAYBE YOU'LL SEE THE LIGHT NEXT YEAR WHEN WE ARE HERE AGAIN WITH BENNING AND CO.

You still here? Thought you posted BYE several pages ago.

But at least now we know why you don't have money to replace your keyboard/phone that has Caps Lock key broken...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, komodo0921 said:

The only ray of sunshine I give to Benning lovers is that Pettersson was injured for most of the season.

Other then that though, this season was all bad. 

I don't think there was any point at which I thought this team was deserving of a playoff spot.

That's all on JB.

While i agree to that to some point, i think this team is way bettter on paper then what they showed, easily the worst schedule in the league, we are going back to a weaker divison so i see lots to look foward too next year

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well to go further into detail Hammerstrom was one of the guys to scout him early on and Delorme was the one that pushed Benning to take a look at him.

Ultimately Benning ended up scouting him and liking what he saw obviously.

There isn’t a single pick that isn’t a collaborative effort between scouts and management.

And if there was... that would be a sign of a bad GM

Edited by Jayinblack
  • Hydration 2