The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Care to explain the difference between the two (hope your not referring to recap penalty Loungo) ?

The Loungo recap penalty has absolutely nothing to do with what I just stated. 

Francesco is a meddling owner and a troublemaker within the organization. It's why Linden is gone. Roberto Aquilini and even brother Paolo are both good guys who aren't anything like Francesco

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

people forget the actual value of a Beagle, Sutter, Roussel in the room as well as the faceoffs in the defensive zone and on PK that free'd up Horvat to play a more offensive role not taking every bloody faceoff.

It will be nice to see improvement from within, but bringing in some of those bottom six guys was a positive, caphits aside.

Well with that logic we can just about justify every single free agent signing. Let me give it a shot.

Loui Erikkson 6x6 million is justified because he is old and we all know that with old age brings wisdom. And the wisdom is to fool a team's GM into signing you a multi-year contract 

Can’t wait for the next round of insanely stupid quotes to come out of his mouth 

“ran out of time”

“ in two years we should be good”

that’s the only positive to keeping him more 

dim jim mumbling through interviews with stupid sayings 

F6C219E8-4BF4-4B30-AC30-6763F7D39697.jpeg

• RoughGame 1

I dont mind Jim Benning....its the slick and gross John Weisbrod that I dislike. Undermined Linden, undermined Brackett, a big part in having Laurence Gilman fired and seems to have the ownership's ear. As you heard from multiple tweets so far, that it was Weisbrod's influence to shrink down the management team.

A guy with that much power is dangerous. Frankly, Benning isn't our enemy here, its Weisbrod, absolute snake.

• Cheers 2

Its a shame what a tirefire this organization has become, and that its gotten to this point despite so much promise on the roster...

I don't think it was an opportune time for them to make a change, but I also don't see this team moving forward with the leadership we've had - whoever's actually deciding what.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

What I find funniest is his excuse making supporters actually think this  is because he done good hahahahahaha because people who’ve done a good job need to get a call saying your not fired lol. 

and not the real reason owners don’t want to pay him and pay a real Gm

so they’ll try to hide his miserable failures with a pr move. 

• RoughGame 1