The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Our idea of defence is to stay in a box like the PK.

We dont have the confidence to contest and challenge opposing players so we defend by collapsing and blocking shots and then recovering the puck.

That's such an amateur way of playing hockey and one that is deployed when you are lacking the skill.

I still remember a game we won 20 years ago when we were playing a really good team.  

We literally deployed that tactic and won 2-1.  Pretty much scored on the random 3-5 chances we had that game and pulled out an upset.  

You only do that because you know the other team is better than you 

I see a lot of chasing, then one player misses his assignment and then its up to Demko to stand on his head. I don't think they do such a bad job on the PK, it seems more organized, but, the 5 vs 5 game turns into a fire drill most games at least 3 times. They seem to get lost in the cover game, when the d chases the puck carrier up to the blue line, then it all breaks down.

5 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

He's literally the guy that first reported yesterday changes to the front office could be coming.  Hours later, new broke that the Sedins were being talked to.

Just because you don't like to read or hear news that makes you upset, it doesn't make it untrue.

Hope this helps.

Sorry can you provide what changes were actually made? Talking to the Sedin’s isn’t a change lol. There isn’t any breaking news here, he’s just saying things.

I get it, you’re not a fan of Benning and the front office as a whole right now, and that’s fair. But If you’re gonna post info as if it’s fact, at least provide good information. Tweets that don’t actually hold any info from some random dude on the internet aren’t a quality source. 

Edited by Kenny Blankenship
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

what 'unhappy players'?

I don't know specifically. It's been reported some players still were unhappy about how Covid was handled. And from Elliotte multiple times, not just ppl like Dunce & Blair.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Just now, Kenny Blankenship said:

Sorry can you provide what changes were actually made? Talking to the Sedin’s isn’t a change lol. There isn’t any breaking news here, he’s just saying things.

I get it, you’re not a fan of Benning and the front office as a whole right now, and I get it. But If you’re gonna post info as if it’s fact, at least provide good information. Tweets that don’t actually hold any info from some random dude on the internet aren’t a quality source. 

We have no reason to doubt the legitimacy of the report.  Evidently, he's well connected.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Sorry, can you provide a link to where you’re getting this info? Because at this point there is nothing to back what you’re claiming. What makes you think any of these guys want to leave town? 

Vancast

19 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Flat cap, theyve both regressed this season. 

barzal, aho, any defense man who cant play defensive yet

I suppose you think we should pay them like matthews, well you can keep that idea up ur ass.

Petey hasn't regressed. Hughes has 41 points in 55 games on a hurt team. 

But I'm sure they'll be paid 500k more than you specified and you'll be here to let us know. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Alex Blair had lost all credibility already.

Remember in the beginning of the season people were reporting has if they were playing to get someone fired . I mean guys like Horvat were shocked surprised and not sure why Toffoli wasn’t back 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A resolution of vet presence in the bottom 6 has to happen. Beagle and Rous have to go and Erickson bought off. I would resign Sutter at reduced money. Keep Highmore and Mott as well. Add from there. Imagine a actual training camp and a pre-season!!!

It really was unfair to us how the league gave every team in the league except the Canucks a full preseason and training camp.

Can't believe more wasn't made of this conspiracy.

But we shall keep fighting the good fight!

Edited by kanucks25
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, oldnews said:

you wouldn't dare call me that to my face - work harder - make your point without calling names.

Animated GIF

Cut the $&!# with the woe is me.

You spin every Benning move as a positive one.  If you want to take that position, by all means.  Don't you dare start crying when you get called out for it though.

"jog on"