The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you wouldn't dare call me that to my face - work harder - make your point without calling names.

Hard to think of a better word for someone who went so far to defend the Gudbranson trade as to calling him "a modern day defensive defensemen uber beast" or whatever the laughable quote was.

Whenever someone makes claims like that, it's hard to take their posts seriously and as anything other than pushing a certain agenda.

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

We have no reason to doubt the legitimacy of the report.  Evidently, he's well connected.

Okay, but that doesn’t make his info correct. Just because you agree with what he’s saying doesn’t mean you’re right, but obviously what I’m saying isnt getting through to you lol. 

Edited by Kenny Blankenship
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Hard to think of a better word for someone who went so far to defend the Gudbranson trade as to calling him "a modern day defensive defensemen uber beast" or whatever the laughable quote was.

Whenever someone makes claims like that, it's hard to take their posts seriously and as anything other than pushing a certain agenda.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you these days but here we are 

Somethings Backwards Day GIF

I might actually have to start adding users to Ignore soon. Not even entertaining anymore, just spewing sewage.

Can you guys imagine 2282's reaction when Green gets a new contract? It's going to be a one man thread spam. 

I'm looking forward to what JB does this offseason. If we're still a hot mess to start the season, I'd like to see a change.

• Cheers 3

21 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

Hughes can't be offer sheeted.  Petey can't request one, that is completely up to other team's GMs.  Where ever you are getting your information you would stop trusting it.

I’m speaking my mind, not saying factual $&!#. Relax dude. 

• Haha 1

If the rumors are true and the players are really this upset does this mean on CDC, for the ones who support Benning do they say then that the players for Canucks aren't loyal enough for this team.... Because that's what you say to the people on here who don't support Benning their not loyal fans, so I guess the players aren't loyal enough to be Canuck players...

sorry if its been posted already, but this is worth a view. Arguably the best owner the Canucks have had has some interesting comments on the state of the club.

Spoiler alert, the haters won't enjoy it. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

Rumour has it some veteran Canucks may request a trade 

Drance mentioned some are flying straight out of Calgary 

Pearson had a family issue come up and asked if he could go home. The team said yes. That's all there is to this

Edited by MattJVD
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

Okay, but that doesn’t make his info correct. Just because you agree with what he’s saying doesn’t mean you’re right, but obviously what I’m saying Ian’s getting through to you lol. 

And why is that?

All he said is that he has reason to believe players are not happy.  All season, players have been taking shots at the management.  J.T Miller basically pleaded to get games rescheduled after the COVID outbreak.  Hughes went on record multiple times to discuss how the team was missing Tanev.  When was that last time we heard anything on Elias Pettersson or from Elias Pettersson?  A day-to-day injury that's now become months with no end in sight.  Something has obviously gone wrong there.

No, this report is not "100%" factual (yet) but we have no reason to doubt his info.