The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

meh, just because some don't follow you down every negative rabbit hole doesn't mean its "mindless". 

I'm in the rabbit hole but you're the one making leaps.

Just now, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Let's see, Pearson re-signed, Hamonic on record as liking this year here and all but asking to come back, just like Tofolli did, but the players are rebelling here according to the geniuses on this board and in the media. 

Pearson got a deal that agents said he never would have got in free agency. He has a guaranteed top 6, top pp role even though he produced 9 of 45 points into an empty net last year and was, at best, 3rd line level offensively this year. Of vourse he wants to come back.

Hamonic only will agree to play for a max 4 teams in the NHL. Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. He has already played with 2, and on the other 2 there is zero chancs he would be playing with their top offensive left side dman. Again, no brainer that he wants to stay.

Both are supplemental players at best anyway.

I am more interested in how guys like Miller, Schmidt, Horvat, Hughes, and EP feel. You know, guys that actually move the needle and ars important.

• Haha 1
Just now, kanucks25 said:

I'm in the rabbit hole but you're the one making leaps.

how so? I've said many times I think Jim's done well drafting and RFA deals. He needs help with UFAs, pro-scouting and communications. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, oldnews said:

and the entire hockey world thinks Benning is an idiot...

but his peer GMs voted him 6th best 8 months ago.

"makes you wonder"

anyhow - I think that's enough internet for me today lol. 

Where did he land from 2015 - 2019?  How well did his peers think he did during those years?  Where do you think he'll end up this year?

Hope this helps.

• RoughGame 2
6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Umm almost all nhl teams do the same things. The ones who dont arent because their fans think they are perfect. Its because their fans are apathetic and dont care.

Owners prefer rabid fan bases, even when fans get angry. They spend money on the team and hate is better for business than apathy.

you are totally right, has anybody heard of the Leafs and the Oilers? both those teams fans went crazy about their  organizations. , worse than the Canucks actually. 

• Like 1
Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

Where did he land from 2015 - 2019?  How well did his peers think he did during those years?  Where do you think he'll end up this year?

Hope this helps.

Hope what helps?

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I hope those unhappy players wanting out are Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel

No, it's Raymond Ballard and a 3rd that want out!

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Let's see, Pearson re-signed, Hamonic on record as liking this year here and all but asking to come back, just like Tofolli did, but the players are rebelling here according to the geniuses on this board and in the media. 

I think the locker room wanted both Tanev and Toffoli back. They would have loved Markstrom back as well, but we couldn't offer that deal. As for Tanev and Toffoli, we could have easily had them back and take a pass on Virtanen and Schmidt. Ask yourself this. Would the guys in the locker room want Tanev and Toffoli or Virtanen and Schmidt. If there is any unhappiness with management, it's this. I hope we bring back Hamonic, he is a decent fit.

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Find it truly astounding how some fans almost feel like it's their duty to do damage control for this franchise lol

when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. You negative guys see everything as trash with this team. Yes there are big issues, but the positive still outweighs the negative. 

• Hydration 1
30 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Pearson had a family issue come up and asked if he could go home. The team said yes. That's all there is to this

That doesn’t make any sense Pearson is never going to be in Calgary. This player(s) isn’t doing locker clean out and media he’s just getting the F outta here ASAP 

only guy I can think that the fans will care about it Miller

if it’s anyone else holtby, Myers, schmidt, roussel, eriksson etc.. it’ll be a mute point like who cares 

3 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

fixed :bigblush:

2019-2020 - Doesn't count because Covid is the only reason they made the playoffs

2020-2021 - Even though the whole team litterly got covid, covid not an excuse for this season

• Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1
  • Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Biggest Traitor so far... 

1507672-trevorlinden-dantoulgoet.jpg

How is he a traitor? 

He has a young son, and his only child.

He has a series of successful businesses. 

He was President because he loves the team. 

So either one of two things happened.

- Either he didn't agree with the signing of vets, and the direction the team was going.

- Or he just wanted to be a Dad and enjoy time with his family.

So please explain how he's a traitor? He didn't work for the Canucks as President for the money. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we may get a top 4 d and a solid top 9 out of that draft in OJ and Lockwood. Not stellar, but not disaster. 

Oj is not top 4 unfortunately