The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

How would Drance know? They aren't even allowed in the dressing room like at all.

These dribbles are just media throwing a tantrum that they couldn't affect the organization decisions. 

They talk to players privately 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

How would Drance know? They aren't even allowed in the dressing room like at all.

These dribbles are just media throwing a tantrum that they couldn't affect the organization decisions. 

The media loves this. Chaos = money 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, IRR said:

I hope the teams kills it next season and all these so called fans and media are embarrassed by their behaviour and they swallow there own words!  

Seven years of hearing this maybe the sun will shine on the dogs ass next season.

if we get a quality NHL president That limits what the idiot can do we have a chance. 

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good fit here. He's a horrible fit for this team. Sure he's a good top 6, but he's also a culture killer. The F'Lames are a mess and he's not helping. 

He is actually exactly the kind of top 6 forward the Canucks lack.

He is a dbag but his teammates seem to like him. I have heard nothing to suggest he is a culture killer.

So, under your theory, the Canucks are a mess and Horvat is not helping?

One guy isnt responsible for the faults of the GM whether it is the Flames or the Canucks. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

In case you havent noticed, having the whole team built by Benning has led to bottom of the league finishes while being a cap maxed team.

Its a results based business. The results have not been there. If I was Aquilini I would demote Benning to amateur scouting and get someone in who understands the damage being done to the brand. Seattle is coming in at the worst time for the Canucks. They may pull a lot of fans from this market if this $&!# show continues.

People may say "good riddance then!" but thats not how the Aquilinis should be looking at it. 

A lot of people are just flat out done with hockey. I mean, I want Jim to do good. I want him to learn from his mistakes but he never does. With or against JB, you need a marketable GM. Outside of CDC which is this weird Pro Benning ecosystem, most fans are very ready for a change. If the majority, it’s very close. When you have that many people displeased with your product you’re going to get hit in the wallet. I wholeheartedly believe that he isn’t capable of fine tuning the roster into a cup contender. He just doesn’t have the ability to make that chemistry. Look at how many bombs he has had in that department. There is no indication that shows a break in that trend. 

• Cheers 2

Just because I can live with Benning remaining GM and don't think there is a player rebellion doesn't mean I think all is well in Canuckland.  It was really stupid to leak all the info about Courtnall as "advisor" in what turned out to be a mini-review of Benning, and follow it up with more leaks about the Sedins.  But it confirms that Benning hasn't been fully in charge for a little while, hence the inability to renew Green and Clark when all parties claim to want to get it done.  This is all on ownership.  Their indecision has hurt the team and it will be a miracle if it doesn't cost us Clark, at the very least.

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Same way it was leaked Kessler wanted out.

players talking to players but that makes to much sense so Drance is just a fool until he says all hail lord dim jim then it’ll be I like drance . Lol

• RoughGame 2

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Stop using Toffoli as yours

Toffoli isn’t comparing a different organizations failures to our organizations methods of team building to prove that signing a $30M bottom 6 is essential or you’ll be Buffalo. 

Toffoli actually played on this team

last year

And we gave futures up for him 

last year

and he signed with another team for a year longer than the Roussel contract. 

Toffoli probably Benning’s most embarrassing moment as a GM and this happened LAST season. Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Was it a series of games? Oh it was then they won 2 of 5 rounds and went to 7 in the third. But do carry on not counting it cause it suits your bias narrative. :)

It was a 3 game play in. Not a playoff series. Even the NHL itself didnt classify it as one. Playoff series are 7 games.

They won 1 series and got dominated other than unsustainable goaltending by Demko in the 2nd round. With even above average goaltending that series is over in 5 at the most.

You claim me calling it what the NHL itself calls it is bias.....

It seems its actually you who is trying to change that narrative to make it look like the Canucks accomplished more success than they actually did in a bias to support the train wreck setbacks it cost the team by Benning.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

A thread about Benning and yet, I still cross the minds of his most ardent bootickers.

Makes you wonder...

Followed by several your most ardent bootlickers who follow you around from your fantasy hockey pool who come in and like your posts.

Makes you wonder...I thought we had that discussion last year about this?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Toffoli isn’t comparing a different organizations failures to our organizations methods of team building to prove that signing a $30M bottom 6 is essential or you’ll be Buffalo. 

Toffoli actually played on this team

last year

And we gave futures up for him 

last year

and he signed with another team for a year longer than the Roussel contract. 

Toffoli probably Benning’s most embarrassing moment as a GM and this happened LAST season. Lol

Roussel got injured as a Canuck then started to regress. Let' not change the narrative.

Toffoli is your only go to and you and your ilk harp on it over and over. It is an overused for a rental. Waaaa cry cry. Every team has many players that walk. Big deal

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

then how do reporters like emily kapean say say that the talked privately to players

Does Kapean put out this kind of player rebellion non sense. Trades and contract talk are one thing that I can see players leaking to the media cause it has a purpose to their negotiations. This kind of non sense really are not what any player want to get out of the room. 

K, I will get on board if we agree Drance talked to Loui  ;)

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Players have re-signed, talked about wanting to re-sign and come back, and talked about being excited for next year. Frankly, with some of the poor reporting that has gone on perhaps it is the media who have some trust to rebuild in this market; I guess time will tell. If players start to ask for trades then there could be some dissatisfaction but if there isn't then maybe Drance is doing more speculating than reporting.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, FaninMex said:

Roussel got injured as a Canuck then started to regress. Let' not change the narrative.

Toffoli is your only go to and you and your ilk harp on it over and over. It is an overused for a rental. Waaaa cry cry. Every team has many players that walk. Big deal

I think you’re probably between 60-80 by reading this comment and I respect my elders. Sorry sir, I’ll do better.