The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’d hold that thought. I’m not jumping to conclusions but If things go sideways his contract could be terminated 

I have a feeling this is a very likely scenario.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dirtman said:

I wonder what MacEwen's ceiling is. I hope we hang onto him.

I like Mac. I think he’s a keeper and can get better. He’s gotta figure out how to use his skills in the NHL. He is a skilled player that can do the dirty work. I’m not sure what his ceiling is but I can see him being a 15 goal scoring if he can put it together. Maybe Green will lean on him more next year if he’s not taken by Seattle 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

I wonder what MacEwen's ceiling is. I hope we hang onto him.

I would assume Graovac has superceded him at this point. He actually did more during these last few games than Macewen.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

I like Mac. I think he’s a keeper and can get better. He’s gotta figure out how to use his skills in the NHL. He is a skilled player that can do the dirty work. I’m not sure what his ceiling is but I can see him being a 15 goal scoring if he can put it together. Maybe Green will lean on him more next year if he’s not taken by Seattle 

I think if he becomes a regular part of the lineup he'd excel. Guess we'll see what happens at the expansion draft!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I have a feeling this is a very likely scenario.

If that happens the only buyout I’d care for is Loui Eriksson. I will do a happy dance. No sense plugging up next years cap imo 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I would assume Graovac has superceded him at this point. He actually did more during these last few games than Macewen.

Graovac looked pretty damn good, some nice hands on him too. If Beagle is done I'd imagine he'd slot in.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I’d have to agree. Although I’d still consider Mac a young player. Really like Graovac as a player and person. He has great interviews. He’s done his time, I think he deserves a regular spot in the line-up. At the very least the extra forward 

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’d have to agree. Although I’d still consider Mac a young player. Really like Graovac as a player and person. He has great interviews. He’s done his time, I think he deserves a regular spot in the line-up. At the very least the extra forward 

Need to keep our +1 Tyler too.

Just now, Dirtman said:

Need to keep our +1 Tyler too.

Yes I suggested exposing him before because of the injuries but I’ve taken it back. I don’t want to risk losing Motter. Not sure the extent of the recent one but I hope he’s ready to go next year 

• Cheers 2

So... JB said he's gonna be aggressive this summer via buyouts, FA signings, trades..  But haven't we heard enough of this BS??? 

Is he gonna buy out Roussel, Beagle and Eriksson? I dunno the full NHL rules but even that won't save us much cap space... He'll end up selling our assets on a low and then scramble with overpriced FAs again!! 

I think at this point there it is no longer productive for either side to argue about Benning as each camp is entrenched and one's conception of Jim's comment is wholly dependent on if one still trust him or not. 

I will refrain from commenting about Jim until he makes a player transaction. At this point, Jim's action will speak louder than anything else. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

So... JB said he's gonna be aggressive this summer via buyouts, FA signings, trades..  But haven't we heard enough of this BS??? 

Is he gonna buy out Roussel, Beagle and Eriksson? I dunno the full NHL rules but even that won't save us much cap space... He'll end up selling our assets on a low and then scramble with overpriced FAs again!! 

Somebody put this together on Canucks Reddit. I can’t confirm its accuracy but it should give you an idea.

F6DC6871-AE2E-4E3F-914F-958ABBF7E95D.jpeg

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I think at this point there it is no longer productive for either side to argue about Benning as each camp is entrenched and one's conception of Jim's comment is wholly dependent on if one still trust him or not. 

I will refrain from commenting about Jim until he makes a player transaction. At this point, Jim's action will speak louder than anything else. 

Well said 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well said! This is me leaving and taking a break from this gong show until tomorrow or the following day. Lol! I've done my fair of calling out peoples bullshiz the last couple of days...but in the process i had to be overly blunt...not something i really want or need to be doing. No need to lower myself to their level. There's way more important things in life.....

Tom Hanks Running GIF

• Huggy Bear 2