The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks end of season player media availability

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Edler can still play. It’s not selfish at all. Selfish is Loui Eriksson.

No reason why Edler can’t be successful for another year of 2. His minutes need to come down. I’d be fine having Edler on a third pairing with a healthy lineup 

Not me. Edler can play sure but not for the canucks anymore. Time for us to move on. 

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Not me. Edler can play sure but not for the canucks anymore. Time for us to move on. 

I wouldn’t expect everyone to agree on my point but I do see value in Edler at the right price. He may have played his last game as a Canuck as well and I wouldn’t blink an eye. Still considered a Canucks legend imo and handled himself admirably considering he was more of a no2 or no3 defencemen on a good team but a lot of the time had to take the pressure and heat of a no1 defencemen 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The top of the lineup and the defense are not done. Close, yes. The bottom six is a mess. We have very few players to fill the bottom six internally. We have all seen what happens when you over pay bottom six through the UFA market.

Building a complete bottom six is not just filling a few holes. It will take a while.

I don't think our bottom 6 is that far off either.

In another year or so Pearson is likely bumped down. We've got Motte and Highmore. We've got a butt load of kids to push for spots the next couple years (Lind, Gadjovich, Lockwood, Jasek, McDonagh, Focht etc) and another draft this year that may help fill some of that as well.

I get it, it's hard to see what it looks like next year, the year after etc until we see it... But it's not that far off IMO.

• Cheers 1

Just now, appleboy said:

I think Edler should finish his career as a Canuck.  But at what price?    That is the questions.

If he wants to play that badly hell play for a real team friendly contract. I'm hoping he signs yearly for a hanonic type deal. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Angry Goose said:

Try listening to the interview

"This is where I want to play"

The NHL?  Yes, it's the best league in the world.  I would think he would want to play at that level.

Again, nothing about Vancouver.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The NHL?  Yes, it's the best league in the world.  I would think he would want to play at that level.

Hope this helps.

Kraken are looking for some fans.  Please feel free to sign up.... Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  

10 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Hope this helps.

He was asked specifically about playing in VAN

Hope this helps

3 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

If Sutter wants 1 year at 1.5 mil or less, I'd take him back in an instant. We still need PKers and guys who can win faceoffs

I’d rather a cheaper FA who plays more than 40 games a season. Sutter can’t stay healthy and Vancouver doesn’t need to give anymore contracts to aging vets. Also sutter gets no more than 900K if he was to come back. 1.5 is absurd for his age/availability. 

Edited by Wayne Glensky