The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Our defensive stats have been near league bottom for years. Can't blame exhaustion or players. The system itself is a fail 

We overhauled our defense last summer and didn't have any practice time to bring new players up to speed. I'm not saying that there's not room for improvement, but let's see how they do next season with a full exhibition schedule as well as some further adjustments this summer.

Was impressed with Rathbone in his brief time with the team. I think he's ready for the NHL, and he plays a little different style than Hughes. Seems to be a little more physical, very fast, but not quite the same maneuverability as Hughes. Maybe a little better / harder shot from the point than Hughes as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

We overhauled our defense last summer and didn't have any practice time to bring new players up to speed. I'm not saying that there's not room for improvement, but let's see how they do next season with a full exhibition schedule as well as some further adjustments this summer.

Was impressed with Rathbone in his brief time with the team. I think he's ready for the NHL, and he plays a little different style than Hughes. Seems to be a little more physical, very fast, but not quite the same maneuverability as Hughes. Maybe a little better / harder shot from the point than Hughes as well.

The defense has been porous for a few years now. Not a new thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think we need more intimidation factor in our own end. I think that Rathbone will help get the puck out faster, and Juolevi also has demonstrated a really good first pass, but I think we need someone who can really hammer people in front of the next and put a little fear into them.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Benning is back...that’s good and bad. I would rather have him at the draft table again this year than a new GM again. Green is well honestly questionable if you ask me. I’m really hoping the assistant coaches (not Clarke) are replaced. It may be the players, but I just see too much talent for the steady poor results. The system doesn’t seem to change. We play against Ottawa the same way we play against Toronto. Our defensive plan is to Hope our goalie can make 40 saves a night. Power play setup is a drop pass that even the most casual fan (me) can see coming. When the opposition changes things up it seems that we stay the same. I’m hoping that there is at least some discussion. If our defence is really as bad as it looked this year then perhaps we need to play a littler different. I don’t have all the answers, but was hoping for some change between the coaching this year and next even if just to prove a point. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

Lollll

, no one should be resigned! Green is an awful coach, benning needs to go and please don’t get me started on brown and Nolan.  

If they are all resigned, I will take a picture of me in a maple leafs tidy whitey!    

i seriously have to question anything Canucks related if it comes to pass

Please do.   Don't forget the bedsheets. 

• Haha 3

It is what it is..I just hope we don't see any key players letting it be known they would welcome a trade.

Something is clearly broken and I had hoped.they would ateast acknowledge that and provide a road  map going forward of how they will address that.

I get it for drafting the core of this team Benning gets a pass on some bad Ufa deals ( the good outweighs the bad)..if no changes at all are made.the only thing we can assume is the fault is placed on.the cap crunch from a.fee.bad signings.and until those contracts clear.so we can afford decent Ufa signings .... this is what we have..top 10 this year and likely next year again  before it turns around then 

Edited by iwtl

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Talent might not be there (at least from a defensive standpoint)

What really bothers me is the power play.  It *SHOULD* be better.  Even with Pettersson out, you've still got lethal weapons like Hughes, Boeser, and Miller.  ZERO excuse to be this bad.  

• Vintage 3

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think we need more intimidation factor in our own end. I think that Rathbone will help get the puck out faster, and Juolevi also has demonstrated a really good first pass, but I think we need someone who can really hammer people in front of the next and put a little fear into them.

Myers does it decently enough, and Hamonic is no slouch, but yeah, a larger and more aggressive defenseman is a necessity to insulate the youth 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

What really bothers me is the power play.  It *SHOULD* be better.  Even with Pettersson out, you've still got lethal weapons like Hughes, Boeser, and Miller.  ZERO excuse to be this bad.  

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

For me it was the most dissapointing thing about the season.

28 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not going to bother reading the negativity, I for one am happy Green is back!

Same, really happy to see him come back. I think he's a good coach. I don't hold this season against him, and when fans stop and look at what the Canucks were faced with for their first 37 games, I don't see how they can either.

Let's give this group an opportunity to show that 2019/2020 wasn't a fluke and that they are ready to take that next step.

We need some lineup changes, but I don't see any reason to change the team management and coaching. 

• Cheers 1