The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think keeping Green is the wrong decision, not like all these smart people you refer to haven’t made bad decisions before. 

I also get nothing from social media, don’t follow it, don’t care, I do have extensive experience coaching people both in sport and in business and all my experience tells me he is the wrong coach. 

Ah ok you’re in that mood again.

Got it.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there is, but I chalk it up to covid. Its created a societal short fuse, and that leads to a lot of negativity. I heard on 650 a tweet today from a "fan" saying he'll quit being a Canucks fan if they don't re-sign Ian Clark :lol:

I mean who quits their team over the goalie coach? thats the mindset a lot of people are in right now. 

Good riddance I say.  People like that are more fans of Twitter than they the team

• Cheers 4

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there is, but I chalk it up to covid. Its created a societal short fuse, and that leads to a lot of negativity. I heard on 650 a tweet today from a "fan" saying he'll quit being a Canucks fan if they don't re-sign Ian Clark :lol:

I mean who quits their team over the goalie coach? thats the mindset a lot of people are in right now. 

Right! Craziness!! 

Just now, stawns said:

Sure he doesn't follow social mediaDr Evil Whatever GIF

I have a Facebook account because that’s how my local community of my hobby communicates, I have no other social media account, heck, I can only name 2 others, Twitter and that one where you swipe left or right then get lucky and only reason I know that one is because of Quagmire.

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think keeping Green is the wrong decision, not like all these smart people you refer to haven’t made bad decisions before. 

I also get nothing from social media, don’t follow it, don’t care, I do have extensive experience coaching people both in sport and in business and all my experience tells me he is the wrong coach. 

you should throw your hat in the ring the next time a gm job opens up. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I have a Facebook account because that’s how my local community of my hobby communicates, I have no other social media account, heck, I can only name 2 others, Twitter and that one where you swipe left or right then get lucky and only reason I know that one is because of Quagmire.

what's your hobby?

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I think a good question is...

Does anyone support keeping the assistant coaches Baum and Brown?

I don't think I have read a single post in support of retaining them. 

Green with new assistants and re-signing Clarke is something I can definitely get behind.

I blame Green a lot for this teams struggles but the defense and the powerplay are a big reason we’re losing games. I’d like to see the impact of us upgrading those positions and seeing whether that improves things.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

No loss for me.

Personally  I think it’s funny the teams been a bottom feeder and there’s no changes and people think the results will be different.

Our  pacific  division rivals  are extremely happy with the news from Canuck land over the past two days. 

There’s still lots of moves to be made between now and October so it’s hard to know of course. However if absolutely no team in our division made any moves which teams would you have making the playoffs?

29 minutes ago, tas said:

so, you actually think you know better than the people who are involved with the team, paid to make the decisions, have decades of experience, and whose livelihoods depend on making the right call? you genuinely believe that your perspective is more enlightened than travis green's own players, who clearly would go through a wall for him? you're honestly arrogant enough to believe that the little nuggets you get from the media and the insights you glean by half-watching the games while shrieking about the team on social media, truly qualifies you as a better judge of talent and personnel than those employed to do so?

I wish I could live in an absurd fantasy world like that. 

This is it exactly. If you put @Dumb Nuck or people like this into a group of high ranking people like Gallant, Yzerman, Davidson, Cooper, Brind'Amour, Sakic, Francis, Holland, Trotz, Quenneville, DeBoer, at a hockey symposium and/or coaching clinic and he started going off on Green and speaking like he does here what do those people honestly thing the professional reactions would be? To agree with people like that? I don't think so.

It's hard for me to find work in comp sci, or even drywalling and painting but these guys are smart enough after their day jobs to coach and GM in the NHL, they just choose not too. Criticizing others at the top of their field is really where true greatness is unveiled. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think a good question is...

Does anyone support keeping the assistant coaches Baum and Brown?

I don't think I have read a single post in support of retaining them. 

I'll be watching a lot more WHL games and a lot less Canucks until we hire qualified assistants.  Keeping Brown and Baumer risks permanent damage to our prospects due to their sheer incompetence.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Green with new assistants and re-signing Clarke is something I can definitely get behind.

I blame Green a lot for this teams struggles but the defense and the powerplay are a big reason we’re losing games. I’d like to see the impact of us upgrading those positions and seeing whether that improves things.

Except the numbers don't back up the assertion that the powerplay has been struggling since Brown took over. It struggled this season absolutely but the entire team struggled in every aspect due to having the most compressed schedule in the league

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think I am in this camp too.

I am not super happy with Green. I have questioned his deployment and ice time for some of the players.  But the team seems to like him and I don't think he is the worst coach we have had. He, like the team could continue to improve.

However, many hockey minds that know a lot more than I do criticise these asst coaches and I think I agree that our PP and defence seems predictable at best.