The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, tas said:

just because the guy was temporarily out of work doesn't mean he was available. q gets to pick his spot, and he chose florida for a reason. 

Offer him enough money and term would be pretty strong motivation.  But we didn’t because well, reasons! 

15 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Quennville 2 years ago, but they chose to stay with Green..

Lol like quenville would of come here. Aquaman is too cheap on everything else besides cap. Paperbag it all u want Dazzle its known throughout the league that its true. Look up provinces article a few days ago. U ca

Edited by Patrik Laine
Mistake
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Lol like quenville would of come here. Aquaman is too cheap on everything else besides cap. Paperbag it all u want Dazzle its known throughout the league that its true. Look up provinces article a few days ago. U ca

so you believe a newspaper rag lol and the guys who report their own lies! too funny:picard:

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

The Ultimate Fighter Ok GIF by UFC

Ok...so we are ok with losing....

Tanking for Connor Bedard...only way I can explain it. Guess we can look forward to the Canucks resigning Alexander Edler to a multi year deal shortly after the expansion draft eh? 

• Sad 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Do you mean you can't wait to see it fail?  Seems like that given your posts.  Noticed 2288 has gone into hiding so props for not disappearing.   Personally given the amount of the older generations that probably even log on to this site - it seems like there is a small minority of circle jerk JB/TG haters that just can't wait to get their toy.   Maybe wait until your in your late 40's to 70's and consider those fans.   Anyone born 1990 or older has only seen the best this franchise has had to offer.   Funny thing too, nobody but SJ won more games from 2000-2014.    Sky isn't falling.   It just is back to normal operating procedure.   Wait for two cores and get another cup run.   Only thing is with expansion it's making it a lot tougher and we have to add a few years.   JB has exceeded my expectations so far.   At least there is a chance we can do something with this core.   And a great chance with parts of this and the next one - right on par for the course.   Just hope if we lose in the next final fans won't burn the city down. 

75% sarcasm.       I know, sometimes it is hard to tell.

43 minutes ago, tas said:

(un)fortunately, there aren't any joel quenneville's on the market. nothing even close. 

Completely agree.  But in 2 years when Trotz is back on the market, I hope the Canucks take a good long look at him potentially coming in.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

It's not easy being Green. But happy he's coming back. The down side is we'll have to put up with more FIRE GREEN!

7s6O6xb.jpg

NHL%20Stanley%20Cup.jpg

"Someday we'll find it

The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me"

Edited by kilgore
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

Typical of Nucks’ management to reward a losing culture.  If Green gets a contract based on his record, all his assistants will also expect new contracts I suppose

So by that reasoning every team that has a losing record MUST fire their coach or they're being stupid?  Yes, win-loss is an important stat but there are other things to go by as well.  I want the Canucks to win as much as anybody but I think Green does too.  I'm OK with the extension.  This season was a weird one and I think everyone who cares about the Canucks is disappointed but I'm prepared to give the team a mulligan (just this once, cough, cough).  Let's see what next season brings.  Optimism isn't the only ingredient for winning either but it does help.  Go Canucks Go!

1 hour ago, yes we can nucks said:

It's not easy being Green. But happy he's coming back. The down side is we'll have to put up with more FIRE GREEN!

That will fade if the team plays to its potential.

...and if it doesn't, the sentiment may be warranted.

2 years is a fair deal. Prove that the upward trajectory up until this season was real and that this was the outlier season.

If not, he and JB are going to be canned.

I think Travis will do well and bring the team back to the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, nux_win said:

So by that reasoning every team that has a losing record MUST fire their coach or they're being stupid?  Yes, win-loss is an important stat but there are other things to go by as well.  I want the Canucks to win as much as anybody but I think Green does too.  I'm OK with the extension.  This season was a weird one and I think everyone who cares about the Canucks is disappointed but I'm prepared to give the team a mulligan (just this once, cough, cough).  Let's see what next season brings.  Optimism isn't the only ingredient for winning either but it does help.  Go Canucks Go!

Note that I said culture and not record so cool you heels.  4 yrs under Green and only one of them yields a winning record.  Cumulatively, a losing record.  So while you want to push aside this year as an abnormality, he’s still a losing coach.  If he’s great at developing players, that’s great make him the AHL coach so he can do his thing.  This is the professional league where winning is job 1.