The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

What do you actually expect them to say though? No chance they give anything but glowing support for guys they probably already knew were coming back.

It didnt feel fake tho.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Didn't we go 0/4 in game 7 vs Vegas that which included a 5 minute PP while the game was still 0-0?

Sucked pretty bad then when it mattered the most.

cherry picking is useless. watch some other teams and you'll see it's exactly the same everywhere. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

cherry picking is useless. watch some other teams and you'll see it's exactly the same everywhere. 

if the pp was good they would have scored. in the begining of the season he had Petey and Boesor on there weak sides, Brock was screening the goalie

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Will trust the call of the GM/ownership. Continuity might be the ticket for a younger team.

I wonder how much the Sedins opinion weighed into this? I bet a lot

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

Those are the facts though. It did let us down big time when it was gifted a golden opportunity. It blew it when it mattered the most.

Our PP did feed on weaker teams last year. We didn't face as many weak teams this year. Even before Petey got hurt it was struggling.

I don't think our PP is good vs good teams. Need it to improve in order to have any sort of playoff success. Most good playoff teams will own us on special teams if we're more of the same.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Assuming that's true it appears we're heading into the next season with the same management/staff as this season. 

there was a GDT recently where someone promised to wear all Leafs garb (and sheets) for a year if we brought back the same management team

I need to go find that post  lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I guess my cynicism comes from many years of knowing a lot about how athletes are media trained and how different what they say in front of the camera can be to what they say behind it. Occupational hazard i guess.

I guess i could be wrong but it didnt seem scripted - particularly Demko.

Anyway onward to the draft. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

there was a GDT recently where someone promised to wear all Leafs garb (and sheets) for a year if we brought back the same management team

I need to go find that post  lol

That's a lot of cash he's gonna have to spend.

• Upvote 1