The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media Availability with GM JB and Head Coach Green (& Follow Up With JB on 650)

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Maybe, but Travis obviously has no faith in Yo-Levi because he never plays him and now that we're stuck with Greener for two more long years, that ain't gonna change!

Or maybe see the numerous posts and tweets confirming that it was actually cap issues that kept him out of the lineup.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Juolevi is not a bust at all. He's a solid all around defenseman. He needs to be given a full time roster spot to show it. Playing Chatfield over him is a grievous error.

I think that he could eventually taker over Edler's spot, but this past season they didn't have a spot for him. I hope he gets one permanently next season. He's been really good for a rookie, a couple of goals anyway. Two more than Edler. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Maybe, but Travis obviously has no faith in Yo-Levi because he never plays him and now that we're stuck with Greener for two more long years, that ain't gonna change!

Well, he's going to have to change then, because Juolevi has proven that he belongs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think that he could eventually taker over Edler's spot, but this past season they didn't have a spot for him. I hope he gets one permanently next season. He's been really good for a rookie, a couple of goals anyway. Two more than Edler. 

And he's solid positionally and isn't afraid of being physical. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Or maybe see the numerous posts and tweets confirming that it was actually cap issues that kept him out of the lineup.

I'd be interested in that - would definitely ask a question about OJ.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

lol

what does the bottom six need?

veteran centers that are healthy.

.........................and can actually score.  Maybe Uncle Jim can find someone that can do that ?  Hmmmmmmmmm, Oh yea he did.   Good thing we have uncle Jim to make those wise decisions like signing (soon to be imprisoned) Lazy Jake instead of TT)  

A comparison between the number of goals and total salary for Toffoli and  six Canucks [French source] : hockey

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

.........................and can actually score.  Maybe Uncle Jim can find someone that can do that ?  Hmmmmmmmmm, Oh yea he did.   Good thing we have uncle Jim to make those wise decisions like signing (soon to be imprisoned) Lazy Jake instead of TT)  

another solid one-liner attempt.

'lazy Jake' isn't a bottom six center. 

otherwise, good effort on your part.

Sutter has averaged 16 goals/82 games here.  

next.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, he's going to have to change then, because Juolevi has proven that he belongs. 

I think he has good potential as well and hope he gets more opportunity in future.  Just holding my breath to see if that will actually happen though with Green still there.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What did they expect him to say? Does Brough think that Benning joined Mensa during the season and will give some in-depth answer that will satiate everyone's curiosity?

Your buddy Omar and Brough are enticed too easily by low hanging fruit. 

Managing the cap better

• Haha 1