The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media Availability with GM JB and Head Coach Green (& Follow Up With JB on 650)

Rate this topic

Wasn't a huge fan of this press conference.

Same old story from Benning, except with a few lines he threw in there that were clearly fed to him by FA.

• Burr 2
  • RoughGame 2
1 minute ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Thanks for providing yet another textbook example of how how all sheeple react to that which they willfully refuse to consider.

Dude your embarrassing yourself. You live in a dangerous fantasy land and I hope you get the help you need. Calling us sheeple doesn't make you woke, it makes you a joke. Get help please.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

To be fair. We really went to grit and toughness the last few years. It didn’t turn out how we planned. Roussel hasn’t been the same since his major injury. Ferland, don’t really have to explain there. Myers can play tough but the refs usually crucify him for it.

Now maybe this different direction brings us an Anderson type player. Size, skill and speed. A guy can wish. 

Roussel has never struck me as a tough player. More of a pest, pain in the ass type. Ferland was definitely tough but the ship’s sailed on him. A couple of fast big bodies are always welcome. 

• Hydration 3
1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Wasn't a huge fan of this press conference.

Same old story from Benning, except with a few lines he threw in there that were clearly fed to him by FA.

I see you're back at it just like Squamfan & Combover!!! 

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Roussel has never struck me as a tough player. More of a pest, pain in the ass type. Ferland was definitely tough but the ship’s sailed on him. A couple of fast big bodies are always welcome. 

I thought the same. Then I saw some Highlights of him on the Stars 

• Vintage 2
On 5/20/2021 at 6:50 PM, debluvscanucks said:

No one said "you're not welcome here".

Voicing an opinion is one thing.  Spamming with the same picture of JB over and over is another.  People would get much more respect if they WOULD present their opinion and reasons why rather than it just being a hatefest with the same stuff spewed over and over.   

hahaha look at the post directly above yours

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's the other part of it.

Many (most?) of the people "sharing their opinions" on Benning tend to call those who maybe don't agree with all of it "Benning Bros", "Benning Lovers", etc.  So it's about having an opinion without having to use insults or extremes.

I get called a Benning hater 50 times a day for expressing opinions about the job Benning has done.

How is that different? I am not a fan of Benning but my posts dont translate to some extreme level of hate for the guy. Yet I still get lumped in by Benning supporters.

Your argument is fair but you present it as only being done by the side you disagree with rather than admitting it gets done by people at both extremes.

Luv ya deb but thats kind of biased itself.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Haha 2
Just now, combover said:

I’ll say your welcome but I’m probably on your ignore list.so 

lol::D

do you equate participating in society and caring about others to being round up and systematically genocided in the holocaust?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, tas said:

do you equate participating in society and caring about others to being round up and systematically genocided in the holocaust?

No but I’m a self proclaimed anti- Benningite 

lol

im happy to say I got my experiment,tracking device or whatever the dark webs says just yesterday

Edited by combover
Just now, combover said:

No but I’m a self proclaimed anti- Benningite 

lol

I can look past being a shortsighted, arrogant, reactionary fan. I can't look past being infectious human waste. 

• Hydration 1
11 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Bring back Scotty Bowman, and with that schedule, you likely get a very similar result.

This is a solid core, they need a little retuning in the off season, but the building blocks are all there for the future.

We have a starting goalie who is showing that he's got the ability to be elite.

We have a defense that has 2 of the best young skaters in the game, but yet, our defense needs a little fine tuning and needs something extra.

We have a solid core up front with Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Hoglander, Miller, etc.

We're about to add Podkolzin, who should be NHL ready based on his performance in the KHL.

Our bottom 6 needs a retuning, but we have guys like Lockwood, Highmore, Lind, Gadjovich etc, all ready to start taking minutes.

So, based on what I outlined, their schedule etc, as well as their record in 2019/2020, how can you be sure that they wouldn't have had the same results? The math leans towards our existing coaching and team.

All teams had a hard year due to schedule, Canucks had the worst schedule in the NHL to start and to finish, and all the media recognize that.

I get the point you are going for, but you might wsnt to choose a different coach for your analogy. Clearly you dont know too much about what kind of person and coach Scotty Bowman is. He did not tolerate excuses and he demanded a lot.

He probably wouldnt have given the schedule a second thought as he couldnt control it. He would have just made adjustments with his lineup to minimize the impact.

And the team would have probably practiced a lot even with a terrible schedule lol.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, tas said:

I can look past being a shortsighted, arrogant, reactionary fan. I can't look past being infectious human waste. 

I’ve had the same shortsighted arrogant reaction for 5 years now. 
but I’ll call it a win since I’m not deemed infectious human waste.

2 minutes ago, combover said:

I’ve had the same shortsighted arrogant reaction for 5 years now. 
but I’ll call it a win since I’m not deemed infectious human waste.

you should try learning and changing and growing. it feels good. 

• Hydration 1

Well at this point I’ll take Baumer and Brown if it means keeping Clarke long term.

If they plan on keeping the systems the same they’re gonna need to continue to get stellar goaltending from Demko.

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, tas said:

you should try learning and changing and growing. it feels good. 

I’ve tried but then a toffoli happens.

Stoked  on demko and his contract the kids , not stoked trading picks and  adding redundant veterans. 

8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What did they expect him to say? Does Brough think that Benning joined Mensa during the season and will give some in-depth answer that will satiate everyone's curiosity?

Your buddy Omar and Brough are enticed too easily by low hanging fruit. 

If those 2 questions were asked and answered that way (i didn't see any of the media stuff yet), then they might be two of the best questions (and 2 of the worst answers) in Bennings tenure.

Benning and Green supporters regularly complain that media pick on them with loaded questions, or dont ask any questions with depth to them, etc.

Again, if those 2 questions were asked they satisfy both those complaints. They gave Benning an opportunity to build some confidence with people who are concerned. They werent critical of him. They are a legitimate type of question I have asked hundreds of times myself in performance reviews. 

Here is the thing. If Aquilini performed a thorough review of Benning and they have determined a better path forward, the answer to those questions should have been a slam dunk for Benning as Aquilini shoukd have already asked them.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1