The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reflections from the newest developments

Rate this topic

Dazzle

2 minutes ago, tas said:

while that may or may not be true, it's still irrelevant and you're using it as a convenient smoke screen. you know nothing more about the internal decision making processes of the Canucks than any of the rest of us. 

show us your LinkedIn, by the way. 

Ya, that seems like a good idea for my business.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IRR said:

Why is it so hard for you to understand it's not what you're doing, it's how you're doing it!! Myself and others are all telling you the same thing...how stubborn do you have to be to not listen and keeping doing it, then deny you're doing it. 

Again, you arent my keeper though. Its not my responsibility to do things how you want me to. Its called freedom of speech. If you dont like my posts, put me on ignore. Problem solved.

• Cheers 1

Anti-Benning Canuck fans sore at Benning because of one of the worse years in Canucks history.  Toffoli not signed- blame the OEL anchor talks. Poor start, 50 games in 50 nights, Covid, MC Smythe can't get the boys to get together to bond, 25 games in 25 nights after COVID.  

Positives:  Noglander, another high skill forward with a 454 motor.   Goal score  Brook is back.  Demko proves he is the number 1, there can be only one he said to Noglander.  Rathbone will be a NHL player like his buddy, Adam Fox.  The future looks bright with so many good young players.  Need to add the support players.

I was looking at the scores from last night.  Winnipeg came back to win after Edmonton was leading 4-1 in the 3rd period.  Winnipeg leading the series 3-1.  I wonder how the Oilers fans are feeling?  

Boston beat Washington last night and closed the series, 4-1.  Notice the Rask had 41 saves.  I wonder how the Leafs fans feel when they see him beat the Leafs most of the time.  

The Toronto Maple Leafs drafted Rask in the first round, 21st overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. However, before playing a regular season game for Toronto, he was traded to the Boston Bruins in exchange for former Calder Memorial Trophy-winning goaltender Andrew Raycroft. Toronto management had deemed Justin Pogge their potential goaltender of the future, rendering Rask expendable. It was later revealed the Bruins intended to release Raycroft, which would have made him available to Toronto without having to give up Rask.

Boston is not perfect.  They gave up a ex-member of ZZ Top, Joe Thornton to San Jose. Imagine they had Thornton and Bergeron.

Thornton began the 2005–06 season strongly (33 points in 24 games), making him the team's leading scorer by a substantial margin, but the Bruins were struggling in the standings. On November 30, 2005, he was traded to the San Jose Sharks in a four-player deal, which sent forwards Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau and defenceman Brad Stuart to Boston in exchange for Thornton.[2]

Mike O'Connell, the Bruins general manager who traded Thornton, stated in June 2011 that he "would still make the trade", and that it was "satisfying" that Boston had won a Stanley Cup before Thornton's new team had.[17] O'Connell questioned Thornton's character both on- and off-ice at the time, contrasting him with Patrice Bergeron, who was playing his second full season with the Bruins when the trade took place. O'Connell recalled making a decision with assistant general manager Jeff Gorton to build the team around Bergeron instead of Thornton.

• Cheers 3

i have come  to realize these topics, related to green and benning are fair ground for people to vent their frustrations.

the  topics I mentioned above,  not so much. these people  that post  in these topics are somewhat relatable to the westboro baptist church, in the way they show up were they're not wanted and disrupting a good time. 

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tas said:

while that may or may not be true, it's still irrelevant and you're using it as a convenient smoke screen. you know nothing more about the internal decision making processes of the Canucks than any of the rest of us. 

show us your LinkedIn, by the way. 

While I wouldn't ask anyone to post their LinkedIn (or anything else) on here...ayyyup to the rest.

Hell, there's already a bunch of posters who think I work for/am paid by the Canucks (largely because they can't formulate an actual argument)...maybe my last name rhymes with 'eyes-rod'....and I know more about the Canucks internal decision making than the lot of you put together :bigblush:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, IRR said:

Why is it so hard for you to understand it's not what you're doing, it's how you're doing it!! Myself and others are all telling you the same thing...how stubborn do you have to be to not listen and keeping doing it, then deny you're doing it. 

Defend an opinion?  lol

33 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i'm not saying that at all. we are all canuck fans and want what's best for the team. i'm saying constant negativity sucks the joy of being a fan out of me. i guess i can ignore it or leave the site. it is not your opinion that bothers me, in fact i agree with some of your opinions, it is repeating it over and over.

This is the other side of the coin.  I get this too.   I agree with WSA for the most part about JB.  But of course to put that frustration down in words its going to look negative. Kinda unavoidable.  And come on, its only a week after the end of the season for the Canucks. 

But yeah, I'm sure WSA knows too, that there is a time when we have to accept and reset and hope like hell that things will be different in this off season, compared to all the others.  Mostly because we don't have a choice!   Come on Jim, surprise me. I want to see some creativity, with the owners loosening the purse strings.  Stop living day to day, and waiting until everyone else has made their move, and make some deal happen that smacks me across the face!  Some here would love that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Defend an opinion?  lol

This is the other side of the coin.  I get this too.   I agree with WSA for the most part about JB.  But of course to put that frustration down in words its going to look negative. Kinda unavoidable.  And come on, its only a week after the end of the season for the Canucks. 

But yeah, I'm sure WSA knows too, that there is a time when we have to accept and reset and hope like hell that things will be different in this off season, compared to all the others.  Mostly because we don't have a choice!   Come on Jim, surprise me. I want to see some creativity, with the owners loosening the purse strings.  Stop living day to day, and waiting until everyone else has made their move, and make some deal happen that smacks me across the face!  Some here would love that.

Nope...not what i was saying! 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Unless you post links to at least a rumour then you have only your opinion, right?  

I only typically ever present things as my opinion though. 

Thats kind of my point. People dont like my OPINIONS. I dont expect them to though. But telling anyone they have no right to express an opinion because you dont agree with it or it negatively impacts your enjoyment of cdc is BS.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Anti-Benning Canuck fans sore at Benning because of one of the worse years in Canucks history.  Toffoli not signed- blame the OEL anchor talks. Poor start, 50 games in 50 nights, Covid, MC Smythe can't get the boys to get together to bond, 25 games in 25 nights after COVID.  

Positives:  Noglander, another high skill forward with a 454 motor.   Goal score  Brook is back.  Demko proves he is the number 1, there can be only one he said to Noglander.  Rathbone will be a NHL player like his buddy, Adam Fox.  The future looks bright with so many good young players.  Need to add the support players.

I was looking at the scores from last night.  Winnipeg came back to win after Edmonton was leading 4-1 in the 3rd period.  Winnipeg leading the series 3-1.  I wonder how the Oilers fans are feeling?  

Boston beat Washington last night and closed the series, 4-1.  Notice the Rask had 41 saves.  I wonder how the Leafs fans feel when they see him beat the Leafs most of the time.  

The Toronto Maple Leafs drafted Rask in the first round, 21st overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. However, before playing a regular season game for Toronto, he was traded to the Boston Bruins in exchange for former Calder Memorial Trophy-winning goaltender Andrew Raycroft. Toronto management had deemed Justin Pogge their potential goaltender of the future, rendering Rask expendable. It was later revealed the Bruins intended to release Raycroft, which would have made him available to Toronto without having to give up Rask.

Boston is not perfect.  They gave up a ex-member of ZZ Top, Joe Thornton to San Jose. Imagine they had Thornton and Bergeron.

Thornton began the 2005–06 season strongly (33 points in 24 games), making him the team's leading scorer by a substantial margin, but the Bruins were struggling in the standings. On November 30, 2005, he was traded to the San Jose Sharks in a four-player deal, which sent forwards Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau and defenceman Brad Stuart to Boston in exchange for Thornton.[2]

Mike O'Connell, the Bruins general manager who traded Thornton, stated in June 2011 that he "would still make the trade", and that it was "satisfying" that Boston had won a Stanley Cup before Thornton's new team had.[17] O'Connell questioned Thornton's character both on- and off-ice at the time, contrasting him with Patrice Bergeron, who was playing his second full season with the Bruins when the trade took place. O'Connell recalled making a decision with assistant general manager Jeff Gorton to build the team around Bergeron instead of Thornton.

People will often overlook facts that are inconvenient to the position that they want to hold.

Case in point: The election has been rigged!!!!!1 Because trump wasn't voted in! The vote was stolen!!!

Despite the fact that there's NO EVIDENCE of it. Instead, you have people with confirmation bias that are looking to 'prove' the fraud, which doesn't exist. And more accurately, the widespread fraud that doesn't exist. Funny how when the actual fraud that took place, namely people who voted for Trump on their behalf (one of these people was dead), that the people crying election fraud stay silent.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Defend an opinion?  lol

I have already accepted that Benning is staying. And Green. And the other coaches most likely. Did the minute it was announced actually.

I have even said several times that I hope they prove me wrong and I am rooting for them to do so. Because that means the team will be better off.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats kind of my point. People dont like my OPINIONS. I dont expect them to though. But telling anyone they have no right to express an opinion because you dont agree with it or it negatively impacts your enjoyment of cdc is BS.

An opinion is fine.  I’m just waiting for this evidence you alluded to.  Why mention there are things you know, but can’t express, if you can’t express them?  Let’s have what you say you know.  Lay it out.  Let’s go!  

• Cheers 4

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Ya, that seems like a good idea for my business.

if I was the one with the fancy resume I'd probably just take a screenshot of it and blur all the names of people and companies, leaving the pertinent information visible. industry, positions etc. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

saying benning always does or says this or that is not an opinion, it is an invalid statement of an incorrect fact.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

The rumours had it ZZ-Top was happy to have their Band member back in the fold again...:P

PS nice post...

1 minute ago, tas said:

if I was the one with the fancy resume I'd probably just take a screenshot of it and blur all the names of people and companies, leaving the pertinent information visible. industry, positions etc. 

Lol i dont think i have a particularly fancy resume. I run my own business. Have for 20+ years. So really I am my business and it is me. How do I blur that out?

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol i dont think i have a particularly fancy resume. I run my own business. Have for 20+ years. So really I am my business and it is me. How do I blur that out?

Hm Bettman has been in office for 20 years too lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tas said:

saying benning always does or says this or that is not an opinion, it is an invalid statement of an incorrect fact.

Fair enough. He doesnt always do things like that. I can admit that i take my wording too far to the absolute at times.

What i should say is he has a half dozen or so catch type phrases that he uses a lot of the time when describing players he has acquired. And in many cases they are highly optimistic based on the actual player.

Point taken though. 

• Cheers 1