The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reflections from the newest developments

Rate this topic

Dazzle

22 hours ago, kilgore said:

No one has inside knowledge, no matter what they claim in here.  Non of us have EVIDENCE for whatever position we have on JB's behaviour, behind the scenes.  Lets get that straight.

But there is one form of EVIDENCE.  A mostly losing record for seven seasons.  With no extra picks accumulated. And a full cap.  And an unacceptable bottom six contract situation. And what is most egregious about that is the messaging from his first days here about a quick turnaround, and viewing the team as a playoff team, come hell or high water.  Living in a bubble of their own making.

Until the fans and local sports media shamed them into admitting that they HAD to use the word "rebuild" even if was not their choosing, and happened despite their best efforts to avoid one. Even if those blue and green glasses were forced onto the GM by the owner.  Which lead to a perennial setting the team up for failure with every off season where Jim compounded things, and delayed any future Cup run.  And its not over.  Some amount of luck will have to be involved. (Please retire Loui). 

Yeah, the yearly record has no bias but the one thing to consider with the puzzle (as I have stated) are how the season ticket holders are affecting Aquamans decisions ?

• Vintage 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, Dazzle said:

I think we all have had different (sometimes opposing) opinions

not pressured by ignorant 'fans'.

Let's try not to generalize people again, moving forward.

Reddit fans are largely toxic by comparison (not all)

Like the others, I at least hope you're being paid for this.

On 5/22/2021 at 4:39 PM, RomanP said:

“In 304 regular-season AHL games, Green compiled a 155-110-27-12 record with the Comets. He also helped the Comets to two postseason appearances, most notably the team's thrilling run to the Calder Cup finals during the 2014-15 season.” Check your facts before posting nonsense...

Lol, that's still 2 losing season, one 0.500 and one great winning season salvaging his career averages.   He made a Calder cup final after Benning got him career AHLers like Conacher, Defazio and Cal O'Reilly, and got Baertschi at the deadline.  He did nothing with our homegrown prospect : Jensen, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Gaunce, Subban, Cassels, Grenier, Mallet.  Not asking them to be superstar, none became NHL players aside Virtanen (was one before going to see Green), and that's not a success story either.

Every prospect from this era that made the Canucks, all by-passed Green in the minors: Horvat, Boeser, Stetcher, Tryamkin, Hutton, McCann.

So do you need more facts?

5 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Lol, that's still 2 losing season, one 0.500 and one great winning season salvaging his career averages.   He made a Calder cup final after Benning got him career AHLers like Conacher, Defazio and Cal O'Reilly, and got Baertschi at the deadline.  He did nothing with our homegrown prospect : Jensen, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, Gaunce, Subban, Cassels, Grenier, Mallet.  Not asking them to be superstar, none became NHL players aside Virtanen (was one before going to see Green), and that's not a success story either.

Every prospect from this era that made the Canucks, all by-passed Green in the minors: Horvat, Boeser, Stetcher, Tryamkin, Hutton, McCann.

ok, so you are grasping at the straws now, typical basher...

8 hours ago, timberz21 said:

how many of those players succeeded in other organizations afterward?

scotty bowman himself couldn't turn that $&!# pile into nhl players. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

For starters we are lucky to live in societies where the struggle to live does not consume our daily lives,we have the time,energy and the resources to follow our team.

Second is loyalty.

While it is clear some of the more critical members of this forum of our team and its management are loyal to this team I believe there are some who just like to piss and moan,it's probably just their nature.

Every team has its ups and downs,I wish we had some more ups,$#@$ just remembering watching game 7 against the Bruins hurts.

Anyway we have the draft to look forward to, the new season ahead with our younger players a year older,wiser and more experienced.

Let's hope we draft a couple of of gems and at the very least make the playoffs.

Edited by Ilunga

8 hours ago, tas said:

how many of those players succeeded in other organizations afterward?

scotty bowman himself couldn't turn that $&!# pile into nhl players. 

Lol.

Reminds me of a Casey Printers quote "I had to make chicken salad out of chicken $&!#".

:P

On 5/26/2021 at 2:49 PM, RomanP said:

ok, so you are grasping at the straws now, typical basher...

whatever, lower pts % than Willie and Torts and coached more games and counting...   And IMO he had more talented teams than the previous two.  He's now in the top 10 of longest tenured coaches in the NHL and yet has nothing to show for beside one decent playoff run in an completely unusual year. 

Like I said, this is a result driven business and results are just not there, if that makes me a basher, so be it.  Coaches are losing their job for much less around the league, just ask Gerard Gallant.