The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reflections from the newest developments

Rate this topic

Dazzle

1 minute ago, whirledpeas said:

You should go back and stay in the 1950's with your benevolent sexism.  The flip to your whinging is that I don't need big girl pants to voice an opinion differing from

those that accept mediocrity.

For us older folk, what does this mean exactly?  Our players should wear those Cooperalls?  

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I don't see EP filling out as strong as Bo not a chance, Hughes not a chance, Hoglander wont be as big and strong as Horvat, will be gritty but not strong enough. Brock gets shoved a lot, he needs to bulk up to hold his ground so he can stay healthy and snipe if he works out with Horvat then he might have a chance. Still not enough. 

The support players are coming.  Gadjovich, Lind, Pod, Woo.   Also need gritty, tough, fast bottom 6 players like Appleton, Copp, Carrier and Reeves. 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You can post whatever you want, I don't care.  When did I attack you personally?  And when did I say anyone that disagrees with me is not a fan?  And how do you know you've shed more blood, sweat and beer cheering for the Canucks then me when you don't even know me?  The only thing I will give you is you've probably shed alot more beer than me cheering on this team because I don't drink, so you have that one on me for sure.

At the end of the day anyone can disagree with anything, but the same daily rants by some posters is quite nauseating.  You are not one of those posters, you are actually one of the good posters and quite funny so not sure why you are attacking me personally.

Why don't you drink ???? What kind of Canucks fan are you?   How do you think Aqua-Lini pays the light bill at Rogers.........It's the $8.50 sippy cups of Shlitz - bottom of the barrel warm, draft beer served in slow motion.    Real fans - know that!  Next time you're at Rogers stop by in the washroom and we'll tell you all about it as its on the way out.........

The last few pieces left are the drafts ( both regular and expansion ) , free agency and the team decision on moving or buying out any one.

the rest has already been decided and Locked in.

next season isn’t too far off and if th oilers completely crap the bed again who knows what trade bait opportunities will arise !!! Toronto as well

and just like the fire Benning / Green at all costs group ....the other side of the story with the creepy bro love for the owners and Benning \ Green is getting awkward,

some of these posts best fit into WWF or Harlequin Bromance novels.

I want change but not just change for the sake of change. I want them to identify what they see as being the problem ( it’s not covid .... that was a factor but not the cause ) ... and begin fixing that 

20 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

I think an Eriksson buyout would be largely symbolic in reality, I forget the number but if you replace him with a player on league minimum you might save a few $100k, but nothing that gives us any room to sign impact players. Same with Beagle, and I think you actually make out better financially by sending Roussel to the minors.

The time for a buyout was last year where the savings could have meant retaining toffoli.  As you say, symbolic now, as is the Sedin and  Courtnall talk.  After 7 years it seems aquaman and Benning have decided to follow the Oilers management debacle by  bringing in old players and to trade youth for more vets looking to cash in on past success all to be coached into a system with some of the worst defensive stats in the league by the coaches responsible.  Brilliant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

The support players are coming.  Gadjovich, Lind, Pod, Woo.   Also need gritty, tough, fast bottom 6 players like Appleton, Copp, Carrier and Reeves. 

Let’s see if Green will play them or let them marinate off the ice.  

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Let’s see if Green will play them or let them marinate off the ice.  

Benning seemed clear he would be looking for proven vets to support his more talented players.  Sounds like more road blocks to youth coming in.

23 hours ago, timberz21 said:

You're right, we've been constantly creeping near the bottom of the league with Green, both at the AHL and NHL level, so why change.  Stay the course, that will lead you somewhere...

I don't care if the guy is freaking Mother Theresa in the locker room, this is a result driven business and he has none to show for in 8 years in this organization.   

“In 304 regular-season AHL games, Green compiled a 155-110-27-12 record with the Comets. He also helped the Comets to two postseason appearances, most notably the team's thrilling run to the Calder Cup finals during the 2014-15 season.” Check your facts before posting nonsense...

7 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Other than potentially Podz, I think Benning made it pretty clear he will be filling those spots with - in his words - not top ufa guys but ones who can help us make the playoffs next year. So essentially more ofBeagle, Roussel, Schaller, Granlund, etc types. 

I fully expect to see several bad vet signings. For all the people saying Benning is and has been in a rebuild (he hasn't actually), you should recognize Benning clearly stated whatever that was is over so they can pgo all in for the playoffs next year.

Lind and Gadjovich will not likely be regulars next year. Benning pretty clearly insinuated that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

That's a really fair assessment of this team right now. It's not all roses, that's for sure. But there are reasons for being positive. Some people just want to dwell on the negatives and downplay the positives.

Well said.  I agree! 

The Canucks Bandwagon is as strong as ever...............

Wagon Wheel GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Benning seemed clear he would be looking for proven vets to support his more talented players.  Sounds like more road blocks to youth coming in.

Ditto, that is also what I got of that presser and with Greens re signing - no need to tweak the system just more roster tinkering; and with a flat cap it will be at the cost of unknown lottery tickets for (supposedly) proven vets that seems to have a HIGH RATE OF UNDERPERFORMING for the Canucks - I wonder what is cheaper, give an unknown lottery ticket a legit chance or getting the same results with a bunch of expensive underperforming vets.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Other than potentially Podz, I think Benning made it pretty clear he will be filling those spots with - in his words - not top ufa guys but ones who can help us make the playoffs next year. So essentially more ofBeagle, Roussel, Schaller, Granlund, etc types. 

I fully expect to see several bad vet signings. For all the people saying Benning is and has been in a rebuild (he hasn't actually), you should recognize Benning clearly stated whatever that was is over so they can pgo all in for the playoffs next year.

Lind and Gadjovich will not likely be regulars next year. Benning pretty clearly insinuated that.

He also indicated they will be active in trades so expect picks and prospects to be heading out. 

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Should we expect Bottom-six players signing big contracts here then?

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

When I look at the UFA list beyond the top ones, I see a lot of cringe worthy potential contracts there for "veteran leaders" with limited on ice contributions.

The agents for those great intangibles players will be calling JB first and good chance his pro scouting departments will support him (?).