The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks / LA Kings [Proposal]

Anyone including Virtanen in a trade proposal is just fooling themselves.  No team is taking on a player who is facing a lawsuit for sexual assault. Especially when the team that drafted and developed him chose to immediately suspend him when the allegations came to light.  He’s persona non grata 

On 5/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, BarnBurner said:

Yeah, but that's like saying, JV hasn't come out and produced yet, which he has, even though others are disappointed with his draft positioning, production, etc. At least JV has shown signs of being an NHL player and has gotten better year by year. 

Plus, at this point, no one is going to take Jake until, at least this mess is cleared up, or not. Another side note - Andersson was drafted 7th overall, not too far from where Jake was drafted. They both haven't lived up to their potential. 

What do the Canucks do if Jake doesn't get cleared?  Hope he does but just thinking out loud.

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

He will be bought out 100%

Agree completely.

And the buy-out is the worst case scenario as it relates to him.  Best case scenario is for a termination so there is no lingering effects of him against the cap.  For the Canucks to move him, it would require assets, so I'm hoping for a quick and easy termination. 

Edited by bigbadcanucks

2 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Agree completely.

And the buy-out is the worst case scenario as it relates to him.  Best case scenario is for a termination so there is no lingering effects of him against the cap.  For the Canucks to move him, it would require assets, so I'm hoping for a quick and easy termination. 

I’m afraid our court system won’t work as expeditiously as the team might like. This thing is likely going to drag on in months and even years. Nothing suggests easy.