The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your ideal Offseason (Discussion)

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Thats cool i mean do u want him to keep any of the bottom guys we have now? Vesey?Boyd? Hawerluk? 

Probably none of those 3 as I want to give playing time to Lind and Gadjovich and Lockwood. For bottom 6 who are still on the team and not in LTIR (Beagle, Ferland) and not about to be terminated (Virtanen), here are the players I want to keep: Motte, Podkolzin, Highmore, Lind, MacEwen, Roussel, Graovac, Gadjovich, Lockwood. Since we traded Gaudette, we now need another C (not unless Lind somehow morphs into a passable 3C). I'm personally not as fixated with 1C or 2C or 3C so if JT Miller wants to play C, we can have the following combinations:

• EP, Boeser, Hoglander
  • JT Miller, Podkolzin, Lind
  • Horvat, Pearson, Roussel
Edited by vinny_in_vancouver

21 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I dunno but that list looks pretty damn horrible to me lol 

if a NHL GM will give bobrovsky 10 mill per its not foolish to think that holtby could be picked by seattle or not. Makes no diff to me tbh

These were just the “young” goalie options I see (31 or younger). Seattle will have more options than this.

Three off that young goalie list were ranked in the top 32 goalies in the NHL this season (Vanecek, Ullmark, Driedger). Hence they each could be considered to be worthy of being a starting goalie.

Holtby did not make the list at all.

Edit: I missed Grubauer who is also ranked in top 32, but pretty certain he will stay with COL.

Edited by BigTramFan

1.  Sign Petterson and Hughes to combined contracts of $12 million

2.  Buy out Virtanen or be able to terminate his contract 

3.  Organize a trade for Reinhart and Ristolainen for Schmidt, DiPietro, and our 1st

4.  Put pressure on Eriksson by telling him he will report directly to the minors next year and not the main camp.  He decides to retire.

5.  Trade Juolevi and a mid round pick for Tierney

6.  Snag Brady Skjei or Oleksiak

7.  Pick up a cheap veteran backup goalie

8.  Holtby gets picked up during expansion

9.  We know early enough whether Beagle and Ferland can play next season in time to make roster/cap decisions with their LTIR

10.  We hire Larionov as team President

Miller-Petterson-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Reinhart 

Pearson-Tierney-Podkolzin

Roussel-Sutter—Motte

Gadjovich

Hughes-Hamonic

Skjei/Oleksiak-Ristolainen

Rathbone-Myers

Bowie

Demko

?

Edited by Provost

What i want. 

1. NUMERO EFFIN UNO IS TO SIGN BOTH PETEY AND QUINN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

2. Trade schmidt, rousell and erikkson and a 2nd for OEL

3. Sign David Savard to a 5 year 5 million deal. This will solidify our top 4 of quinn, savard, OEL, myers for the next 4 years.

4. Sign brandon saad to a 3 year 10.5 million deal. 
5. Sign Ryan Getzlaf to a 1 year 3 mill deal. Line of saad, getzlaf and podz brings speed and grit on the 3rd line. Getz played with crap players but i still believe he has it in him to put up 40-45 points if hes playing with good players again.

6. Motte, Gaovac and Highmore im fine with as well even throw in beagle as the C if hes healthy. Gadj and Lind waiting in the background if needed

7. Harmonic to a cheap 2 year 4 mill deal.

Lineup

miller-petey-Brock

Pearson-Bo-Hög

Saad-Getzlaf-Podz

Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Quinn-Savard

OEL-Harmonic

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Depietro

lol i dunno 

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

miller said, he wants to play center. he says he prefers playing center.

petey and boeser need a physical winger

bo and pearson can bring lind or lockwood along

we are closer up front than we think

Miller will wanna play with petey again im sure

1. sign EP & QH to contracts that both sides are happy with

2. Ian Clarke signs 

3. Front office gets bigger not smaller . love to see Davidson as president 

4.Get another Schmidt type deal done before expansion draft 

5. resign Harmonic and /or Edler at short term reasonable amounts 

6. OJ continues to improve his skating 

7. Van doesn't trade first round pick unless it's an out of the park homerun { Joe Thornton trade years back .just an example I know it

wasn't for a 9th draft pick }

8. snoop around Buff and find out any chance of a Sam Reinhart deal that doesn't worsen our team in the deal .

9. Don't buyout LE and thus extend his cap hit unless it is absolutely necessary .just get it over with 

10. buyout one of the bottom 6 who has the worst team cap hit compared to their performance try to trade at least one of the older bottom 

6 vets

11. Make the Stick and Rink there main jersey ....I think I speak for everybody on that one !!! LOL  but it is my favorite  

12. Jake straightens his life out . 

13. so many more things I could go on and on  But the biggest is everybody get Vaccinated so we can get Fans back in the stands !!! 

6 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

1. sign EP & QH to contracts that both sides are happy with

2. Ian Clarke signs 

3. Front office gets bigger not smaller . love to see Davidson as president 

4.Get another Schmidt type deal done before expansion draft 

5. resign Harmonic and /or Edler at short term reasonable amounts 

6. OJ continues to improve his skating 

7. Van doesn't trade first round pick unless it's an out of the park homerun { Joe Thornton trade years back .just an example I know it

wasn't for a 9th draft pick }

8. snoop around Buff and find out any chance of a Sam Reinhart deal that doesn't worsen our team in the deal .

9. Don't buyout LE and thus extend his cap hit unless it is absolutely necessary .just get it over with 

10. buyout one of the bottom 6 who has the worst team cap hit compared to their performance try to trade at least one of the older bottom 

6 vets

11. Make the Stick and Rink there main jersey ....I think I speak for everybody on that one !!! LOL  but it is my favorite  

12. Jake straightens his life out . 

13. so many more things I could go on and on  But the biggest is everybody get Vaccinated so we can get Fans back in the stands !!! 

Davidson has rejoined Columbus as president 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Difference being Fluery’s save percentage didn’t dip below 0.900 before left exposed.  This is the second straight year Holtby’s save percentage is below 0.900.  He’s done as a starter and his actual salary next season is 5.7 million.  You’re telling me all the goalies being exposed are making a comparable amount? I seriously doubt that.  They don’t have to be great and cheap.  All Seattle needs is to select a cheap goalie and shove him in the minors.  Serves a better purpose than having a subpar backup on the parent club with his cap hit.

I don’t suspect they take him but what if Seattle manages to sign Ian Clark? Maybe with his relationship with Holtby he sees something and recommends him. As I only have one wish left after blowing my other two I’m not going to waste it on this but I can hope can’t I?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Miller will wanna play with petey again im sure

you may be right, we'll have to wait and see. scoring, play driving centers are hard to come by. i still think miller, hogs and pods would be a great 3rd line or 2nd or 1st. i guess the coaces will  work it out.

Just now, smithers joe said:

you may be right, we'll have to wait and see. scoring, play driving centers are hard to come by. i still think miller, hogs and pods would be a great 3rd line or 2nd or 1st. i guess the coaces will  work it out.

Yeah will be a interesting summer lol

46 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t suspect they take him but what if Seattle manages to sign Ian Clark? Maybe with his relationship with Holtby he sees something and recommends him. As I only have one wish left after blowing my other two I’m not going to waste it on this but I can hope can’t I?

That sounds plausible.