The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expansion draft: A golden opportunity for the Canucks

Rate this topic

Rudo

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Don't disagree with that one bit.   But also doubt he will be as useful on our team (yet).    CHI did this often ... won a cup and sold high on a player ... some of them were extraordinary (Byfiglien), most of them were less then ordinary (Bolland - Saad) ... i'm wary of taking any great teams players and expecting the same.  

Soucy showed me his true colours the last 12 months.   He's a monster 3 paring RHD at a reasonable cost.   Yes age isn't right so i'd prefer Cernak.  TB selling high us selling?  Would you trade our first for him? 

Absolutely i would. He’s averaging over 20 minutes a game in the playoffs because hes that good and still hasnt hit his prime.

Honestly i dont even remember who soucy is lol

Look how many SSSweeeetheart-deals were offered to the Vegans, a few yrs back. Is there a league-mandate, to not spread all resources thin, amongst the 31? They just took $650 mill in fancy printed paper from these Krackers.

Maybe it's my shoddy memory, but I seem to recall more deals(Vegans & whomever), than the rest of the league shuffling their excess deck chairs between each other(& watering down the newbies' pickings).

So should we all see a Schmidt acquisition, as getting an early return on the coming reshuffling? I do hope Van will finangle a player from all this, that's greater than the piece they wind up losing. However officially skeptical until it's witnessed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Absolutely i would. He’s averaging over 20 minutes a game in the playoffs because hes that good and still hasnt hit his prime.

Honestly i dont even remember who soucy is lol

Just feel Cernak is a pipe dream.  Don't know why they'd give up on him.   Also feel he's not going to be as affective on many other teams either.  Soucy is the guy that made our forwards miserable playing in MIN the first series.   Hamonic is a decent comp. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Look how many SSSweeeetheart-deals were offered to the Vegans, a few yrs back. Is there a league-mandate, to not spread all resources thin, amongst the 31? They just took $650 mill in fancy printed paper from these Krackers.

Maybe it's my shoddy memory, but I seem to recall more deals(Vegans & whomever), than the rest of the league shuffling their excess deck chairs between each other(& watering down the newbies' pickings).

So should we all see a Schmidt acquisition, as getting an early return on the coming reshuffling? I do hope Van will finangle a player from all this, that's greater than the piece they wind up losing. However officially skeptical until it's witnessed.

Same thing 31 other teams are going to do, trying to pry one of maybe 2-3 extra D's from them.   And which ones will they consider keepers?  Scraping the barrel leftovers like a pack of wolves, thinking Cernak or Foote but really fighting over  ???  nothing worth that much effort towards... Sbisa?  lol.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Just feel Cernak is a pipe dream.  Don't know why they'd give up on him.   Also feel he's not going to be as affective on many other teams either.  Soucy is the guy that made our forwards miserable playing in MIN the first series.   Hamonic is a decent comp. 

yeah it is a pipe dream lol

• Cheers 1