The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Fire Benning protest outside Rogers Arena - A very poor turnout. LOL. Embarrassing.

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

Sometimes, you need to add a bit of hyperbole to drive home the message.  Feel free to excommunicate me from this forum if I'm wrong.

See what I did there?

Hope this helps.

Since laughter is the best medicine, you’re needed here.  Too many people are leaving this forum lately.

Edited by PistolPete13

On 5/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

say it louder for the people in the back

you just KNOW the media absolutely wants people to chant "fire benning" at the arena and they will do everything in their power to make it so

Vancouver has a rich tradition of booing hockey people/running them out of town. The local media has always played a big part in that. We’ve had some real POS beat writers over the years. 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

On 5/25/2021 at 11:29 AM, combover said:

Lol because buying out one contract and hoping three others ( furland beagle Ar)  are to injured to return is the norm for winning clubs and top tier executives. 
it’s the same excuses.justifying bad contracts because other bad  gms sign bad contracts. 
That’s  pretty special. 

He signed these deals then he signed more bad deals better give him the ability to sign more bad deals.

best thing to happen was he couldn’t sign anyone last summer or we’d have even  more.

I have zero confidence in a guy who is a proven failure especially in the UFA department.

I take it that you didn’t have any fun at the rally.

• Haha 3

On 5/25/2021 at 2:40 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

Actually Donnie & Dhali had a poll last week and it was 69.3% to get rid of Benning - if memory serves me - and that was based on about 1700 folks who voted which about echo's the majority here on CDC and the radio talk shows that also want him gone. So that's a pretty clear majority to get rid of Benning but like many said, who the heck is gonna waste a long weekend to protest something thats too late to change - for now. 

The more likely reality is that people will forget until next season BUT when we experience another disastrous finish like this year (and the last seven) and fans are back in the stands - I absolutely guarantee you that there will chants of "Fire Benning - Fire Green" shouted out Loud & Clear and BOTH WILL BE TERMINATED.

(Arny told me so !)

image.jpeg.f626b3d0176a6f3a3e755cfe2f046e81.jpeg

Taking LV to seven games and beating St Louis and Minnesota in the playoffs last year was not disastrous imho. 

My brother is a Laff fan and they haven’t won a round in the playoffs in the past 17 years. He still thinks that the Laffs are the cat’s pyjamas.  I guess that having the rose coloured glasses must be a family trait.:)

• Hydration 3

Actually Donnie & Dhali had a poll last week and it was 69.3% to get rid of Benning - if memory serves me - and that was based on about 1700 folks who voted which about echo's the majority here on CDC and the radio talk shows that also want him gone. So that's a pretty clear majority to get rid of Benning but like many said, who the heck is gonna waste a long weekend to protest something thats too late to change - for now. 

The more likely reality is that people will forget until next season BUT when we experience another disastrous finish like this year (and the last seven) and fans are back in the stands - I absolutely guarantee you that there will chants of "Fire Benning - Fire Green" shouted out Loud & Clear and BOTH WILL BE TERMINATED.

(Arny told me so !)

Honestly talk show radio polls are about the least statistically relevant form of collecting data. 

Based on past radio or internet political polls I recall Canada would have elected the Green Party about three times and the NDP once or twice. It is not a random sample of the population or fans, rather it is those that have been worked into a fervor through media bias.

This was a tough year world wide and I think the team will do very well over a full non-covid season. 

Predator Arnie invites GMJB to do the following;

image.jpeg.8df79b4e815a515bc1db35b48d8460b5.jpeg

• Hydration 2

11 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Since laughter is the best medicine, you’re needed here.  Too many people are leaving this forum lately.

I blame the management and ownership.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 2

On 5/28/2021 at 5:38 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Taking LV to seven games and beating St Louis and Minnesota in the playoffs last year was not disastrous imho. 

My brother is a Laff fan and they haven’t won a round in the playoffs in the past 17 years. He still thinks that the Laffs are the cat’s pyjamas.  I guess that having the rose coloured glasses must be a family trait.:)

But you know if your brother is a laffs fan he willl never admit they were wrong to you even if he cries in his pillow at night.

And we'd expect you to do the same

• Haha 1

(Arny told me so !)

speaking of terminated

I have watched a little Donnie and Dhali lately and I gotta say its time to put Ol Donnie out to pasture

All I get from him is his hand up in front oof the camera while he tries to egg the other two on about some inane point

I liked Donnie way back in the day

but his schtick is as old as Ron McLean's 

If that show is about sports it would be better with Dhali and Henderson

the Old DT is dragging them down

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, lmm said:

But you know if your brother is a laffs fan he willl never admit they were wrong to you even if he cries in his pillow at night.

And we'd expect you to do the same

Nope. Not the crying type. There’s more to life than wins and losses.

I thought  it was stupid to to exaggerate to try and make a point, but I was too polite to come out and say so. 

4 hours ago, lmm said:

speaking of terminated

I have watched a little Donnie and Dhali lately and I gotta say its time to put Ol Donnie out to pasture

All I get from him is his hand up in front oof the camera while he tries to egg the other two on about some inane point

I liked Donnie way back in the day

but his schtick is as old as Ron McLean's 

If that show is about sports it would be better with Dhali and Henderson

the Old DT is dragging them down

You might have something there but who could possibly replace him?   Moj or one of those other tired sounding old timer leftovers from 1040?   I agree that this city needs some new sports announcers/talk show host.  Speaking of which those two old "homer" play by play announcers on Sportnet - during our broadcasted TV games (Garrett & what's his face) also have to be retired.  They make so many goofs during a game it's like watching a Geritol commercial.  They should of been shown the door years ago - but now it's beyond ridiculous with the endless bad calls, mistakes and boring commentary.  Surely someone at Sportsnet in Toronto can fix this or are they just letting us suffer on purpose.