The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go Leafs!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Deal or no deal?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Real fans want us to win, doesn’t matter how, just win, nothing else matters.

you're doing it wrong man. it's about the journey, not the destination. 

I bet you're a real panther in the sack.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

you're doing it wrong man. it's about the journey, not the destination. 

I bet you're a real panther in the sack.

Why fly or drive then, that just gets you there quicker, over the last 50 years I travelled enough and ive earned the right to ask “are we there yet?”

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Why fly or drive then, that just gets you there quicker, over the last 50 years I travelled enough and ive earned the right to ask “are we there yet?”

to each their own I guess. I like watching the team grow.

• Vintage 2

Just now, tas said:

to each their own I guess. I like watching the team grow.

The team is not growing, if it was we’d be amazing, the team is cycling from highs to lows to highs etc. just like every other team as there core develops, ages then retires then restarts with a new batch. Problem is none of our highs were good enough to win the Cup and no guarantee any high in our lifetime will ever be good enough.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

The team is not growing, if it was we’d be amazing, the team is cycling from highs to lows to highs etc. just like every other team as there core develops, ages then retires then restarts with a new batch. Problem is none of our highs were good enough to win the Cup and no guarantee any high in our lifetime will ever be good enough.

if there was a guarantee there'd be no point watching.

welcome to sports. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

if there was a guarantee there'd be no point watching.

welcome to sports. 

I’d take a season knowing the final outcome if it was us that won the Cup, I’ve know the ending of many movies and still enjoyed them.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’d take a season knowing the final outcome if it was us that won the Cup, I’ve know the ending of many movies and still enjoyed them.

not me. i wouldn't watch a single game. 

• Vintage 1

So the deal in the poll is Leafs win the cup in 2021 and Canucks win in 2022? I take that deal 10 times out of 10. 

In any circumstance that does not involve a guaranteed cup for the Canucks: screw the Leafs. I'm cheering for Montreal right now.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Vintage 2

21 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It’s called a hypothetical question, kinda like would you rather French kiss your grandma or be forced to watch the Leafs Cup winning game sober.

Oh I see.

Well, my answer is no.

If it's guaranteed, it's not sports.

3 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

So the deal in the poll is Leafs win the cup in 2021 and Canucks win in 2022? I take that deal 10 times out of 10. 

In any circumstance that does not involve a guaranteed cup for the Canucks: screw the Leafs. I'm cheering for Montreal right now.

I added the poll later, my original post was saying the pain of the Leafs winning the Cup would help in our pursuit of winning it as right now we are blinded by the Leafs failures to acknowledge our own, sometimes you have to face pain to feel joy.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Il take my chances ty

I'll wait as long as it takes if it means canucks win a cup before TOR

That's even better than seeing the Canucks win a cup

So, your hatred of Toronto > your love of the Canucks.