The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Go Leafs!

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Deal or no deal?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Leafs have a great team.  They would make fine Stanley Cup champions and would definitely restore some of the pride among Canadian hockey fans, especially somein this market who have become disillusioned.  I think we all should be cheering them on this year.

The Canucks should also strive to put together a team like they did.  We're already a step ahead with some good goaltenders in the system but we got tons of work to do.  Still, the Leafs are a model franchise.  Nylander is looking more and more like a steal everyday.

You’re fired

• Haha 1

Leaf fluffers #identifying after a couple wins lol.  yesterdays win came after getting peppered for the final 10 minutes, looking a lot like their history of playoff collapses....

Probably a few of the clumsiest troll jobs these boards have ever seen in this thread.

oldnewsflash - your team has yet to win a single playoff series in the Benning era/tenure.

you'd think that after all the #inevitable-dynasty claims, the years of "Canada's team" claims, the premature e. that Toronto has hyped repeatedly on route to utter playoff failures....might inform the prematures not to get ahead of themselves.

anyhow - carry on - the Leaf fluffers here probably bring more flavour and satisfaction to these boards than any other market.

I will hand this to the Leafs though - at least they learned a few lessons - aren't depending on the likes of Gardiner, Dermott, etc with hopes and prayers that they don't get exposed. 

And more importantly - they realized their desperate need to add some Canucks foundation to their coaching staff.  Easily the biggest improvement in that organization - is a direct result of adding Manny Malhotra.  Where Matthews has been a notoriously vacant disappointment, he's finally learning his potential if he plays a grown up, two way game.  You're welcome Toronto.

Still though - they need the affirmative action of homecoming league minimum discounts to squeeze a roster under the cap lol (which the fluffers believe is "genius" lol).

Fun stuff.

Fairweather chirping.

Let's see how vocal this group is if their team lives up to more realistic 'expectations' lol.  If they make it out of the North - there are still Bostons, Colorados, Tampas in the way....might want to hold off on assuming a Cup is inevitable lol.

16 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Leaf fan troll knew it!

I'm a Canucks fan.

I've been a fan ever since I was a young dude.  I've been on this board since 2009 and was a long-time lurker beforehand.

Please do not call me a troll.  I'm simply a fan of hockey and don't hold biases when it comes to teams who play well.