The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 2021 Signing Proposals

5 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah no thanks on denault for me. I would like getzlaf on a 1 yr deal for 2.5-3 if we can get a fast scoring winger to join him like brandon saad. I think he has some scoring left in him if hes playing with good wingers unlike what hes had in anaheim this season. Saad-getz-podz might be a very fine 3rd line. Then with cash opening up next season get a younger 3C 

Yeah, a Getzlaf on a cheap short term deal (just like what the Laffs are doing) - an ex first line player that can actually mentor from experience with the added bonus of not just being good in face offs

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, a Getzlaf on a cheap short term deal (just like what the Laffs are doing) - an ex first line player that can actually mentor from experience with the added bonus of not just being good in face offs

Someone agrees with me! Finally

image.gif.7b1d1c0353b94c15609f4249135d7bf3.gif

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Joel Eriksson Ek - $1.5 M approx - 

• $1,439,821 – $2,181,545: 2021 third round pick.

Andrew Copp - $2.28M - 

• $2,181,546 – $4,363,095: 2021 second round pick.

Tyler Bertuzzi - $3.5 M

Go sign these 3 guys as they are RFA- the price to pay in draft picks is worth it imo

Ek, 1.5M? for a 40 Point 24 YR Old Center? minimum 4M

Bertuzzi- seems about right 3.5M

Copp- I see he will probably sign for a litle more than Iafallo: Maybe 4.25m

why would these teams let these players walk? also do you plan on circumventing the cap ala TBL?

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Someone agrees with me! Finally

image.gif.7b1d1c0353b94c15609f4249135d7bf3.gif

Been saying it for awhile - jusy something I've noticed with how the Laffs are filling there rosters (due to Dubas' cap mismanagements) & how they are complementing there four headed monsters but even this loop hole, will probably get expensive when the agents start noticing a pattern. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Andrew Copp - $2.28M - 

Tyler Bertuzzi - $3.5 M

Go sign these 3 guys as they are RFA- the price to pay in draft picks is worth it imo

All 3 teams immediately match and send a thank you bouquet to Benning.

Aside from you only being able to sign one of Bertuzzi or Copp as you have to use your own pick for an offer sheet.

and the fact that none of these players agents would let them near a pen to sign these offer sheet amounts anyway.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Been saying for awhile - something I've noticed with how the Laffs are complementing there four headed monsters but even this loop hole will probably get expensive when the agents start noticing a pattern. 

Yeah i really want a experienced guy, former captain, stanley cup winner, gold medal winner. 

i think getting another winger like brandon saad would be perfect. Theres no chance anyone is willing to pay him 6 mill per again but maybe 4? Not sure but the guy consistently gets 20 goals and some scoring on our 3rd line would be great and a good fit with podz imo

99289ECF-E2F1-42C7-A4BE-B4B410562BE0.jpeg

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Completely agree! His numbers in todays market, are around 3.5 - 4 million, maybe up to 4.5 million. 

but he was offered a 5-6m contract? just think the mtl  gm that signed toffoli is out to lunch? you should compare his numbers to Iafallo or Lowry.

6 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah no thanks on denault for me. I would like getzlaf on a 1 yr deal for 2.5-3 if we can get a fast scoring winger to join him like brandon saad. I think he has some scoring left in him if hes playing with good wingers unlike what hes had in anaheim this season. Saad-getz-podz might be a very fine 3rd line. Then with cash opening up next season get a younger 3C 

I actually agree with Getzlaf as 3rd C. We're gonna be bringing in a bunch of young players and a player with his sort of experience will help this leadership group moving forward. Still wins draws too and I figure he'll score facing secondary lines.

I doubt he'll leave Anaheim but if he does i'd pay him a bit on a 1 year deal.

40 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah i really want a experienced guy, former captain, stanley cup winner, gold medal winner. 

i think getting another winger like brandon saad would be perfect. Theres no chance anyone is willing to pay him 6 mill per again but maybe 4? Not sure but the guy consistently gets 20 goals and some scoring on our 3rd line would be great and a good fit with podz imo

99289ECF-E2F1-42C7-A4BE-B4B410562BE0.jpeg

Curious to find out what they mean by an aggressive offseason and what it will cost in future assets ?   So far, (imo) most teams that makes statements like these - don't really do too much in the long term, at a high cost with very limited short term success.  The last team I can think off that made a (very similar) promised for an aggressive post seasons was the Laffs with Burkie (with the high cost of four 1st rounders for Kessel) and after a few years of fake contending they ended up firing Burkie; then ended up going on a (more) extreme type of rebuild: from management to the players  This offseason plan, seems like a plan that was tried before at a high cost with the end result of a full rebuild; but this young core might be the difference maker to what the Laffs went through ?

Saad on a two at 1-2 million might be a good if Getz is not an option.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Curious to find out what they mean by an aggressive offseason and what it will cost in future assets ?   So far, most teams that makes statements like don't really do too much in the long term, at the cost off very limited short term success.  The last team I can think off that made a (very similar) promised for an aggressive post seasons was the Laffs with Burkie (at the high cost of four 1st rounders for Kessel) and after a few years of fake contending they ended up firing Burkie; then ended up going on a full rebuild from the top to players.   This offseason plan, seems like a plan that was tried before at a high cost with the end result of a full rebuild; but this young core might be the difference maker to what the Laffs went through ?

I was personally praying for a quiet off-season where we don't use future assets to move cap.

I would rather bite the bullet and wait another year for cap and use next season to develop this next wave of youngsters.

Hopefully JB manages to be aggressive without costing too much of the future but that's pretty difficult.

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I was personally praying for a quiet off-season where we don't use future assets to move cap.

I would rather bite the bullet and wait another year for cap and use next season to develop this next wave of youngsters.

Hopefully JB manages to be aggressive without costing too much of the future but that's pretty difficult.

I agree.  Imo, the season ticket holders seems very impatient and is unwilling to accept a full rebuild - probably the group of fans that has a direct line to Aquaman; and the one group that he is willing to listen to & will try to appease in the off season (?). 

Iam not confident any of young prospects will be given a legit chance under Green - unless the rookie forces his way into the roster, the way:  BB, EP, QH and Hoag.

Just hoping for a balanced approach, with the eye on the future cause the Kraken are looking to contend.  Aquaman has gone through this with Gillis: for short term success at the high cost of future assets and long term mediocrity - hindsight...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

32 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Wonder if we will have enough money for a 3C AND a good 3rd line winger (like saad)

saad will cost more than Iafallo, and at least 4.25m like toffoli and maybe more. so I guess do we  have 8M to sign two 3rd liners?

24.8m in cap space - a MINIMUM of 13 from ep40 and quinn on  bridge deals.  - 8m =3.8M to sign 2 4th liners and a D. 2M to hamonic and 1.8 to the forwards.

the above numbers are based on beagle on LTIR, Roussel  Buried, and Virtanen bought out.

unless we  lose motte to expansion we could only ice  a 20 man roster, and if motte is taken we can afford highmore, and 3 other min league players for our 4th line and 21st player.

we would have to make a trade like roussel or LE to make this work. LE  At 50% retained might not be too painful, after  that the other team  could just buy him out for a million bucks  and minimum cap hits of 1m next year and 500k the year after.  Jim Just needs to be aggressive, this trade might only cost us a 2nd rounder

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I agree.  Imo, the season ticket holders seems very impatient and is unwilling to accept a full rebuild - probably the group of fans that has a direct line to Aquaman; and the one group that he is willing to listen to & will try to appease in the off season (?).

Just hoping for a balanced approach - Aquaman has gone through this with Gillis for short term success at the high cost of future assets for long term mediocrity - hindsight...

Hopefully being aggressive just means moving out cap via a guy like Schmidt/Myers without giving up much or anything or short term buyouts. I know that's wishful thinking though.

Team can only afford 1-2(at most 2) more years of this before we need to see a more bigger step of improvement into becoming a consistent playoff team. Otherwise we are cutting into Petey/Boeser/Hughes prime time which we already are doing with Horvat.

This timeframe aligns with our 2nd wave of prospects developing within the NHL. Guys like Pod/Hog/Lind/Gadj/Rathbone/OJ probably need a couple seasons in the NHL to plant their feet(less so Hog).

Should be an interesting off-season. Hoping JB can pleasantly surprise me but I have my concerns.

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hopefully being aggressive just means moving out cap via a guy like Schmidt/Myers without giving up much or anything or short term buyouts. I know that's wishful thinking though.

Team can only afford 1-2(at most 2) more years of this before we need to see a more bigger step of improvement into becoming a consistent playoff team. Otherwise we are cutting into Petey/Boeser/Hughes prime time which we already are doing with Horvat.

This timeframe aligns with our 2nd wave of prospects developing within the NHL. Guys like Pod/Hog/Lind/Gadj/Rathbone/OJ probably need a couple seasons in the NHL to plant their feet(less so Hog).

Should be an interesting off-season. Hoping JB can pleasantly surprise me but I have my concerns.

Great points

This past season would had been a great chance to play & showcase the future but I get it: there is no appetite for tanking in this market and despite playing an (underperforming) vet laden line up for most of the season - with hindsight, it still turned out to be a losing season.    Not sure Green will be keen on playing a rookie laden line up cause based on the presser this 'aggressive' offseason might push that projected contending window down further.  Hope Iam wrong but hindsight has not been kind to teams that had committed to a very similar approach in the offseason, for the sole purpose of a quick turnaround.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Andrew Copp - $2.28M - 

Tyler Bertuzzi - $3.5 M

You expect to successfully execute 3 offer sheets? 

6 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

but he was offered a 5-6m contract? just think the mtl  gm that signed toffoli is out to lunch? you should compare his numbers to Iafallo or Lowry.

Flat cap, I'll be surprised if he gets close to that number now

I think Granlund would be a shrewd pick-up still (thought the same last season), he's 29 - a 3-4 year contract would be fine.

He could produce well on Horvat's wing IMO. His best offensive seasons were on the wing. But he can also slide into 3C and his face-off percentage is decent too.

Altho his point total wasn't great again this year, he did move up from 13th on the team in points to 4th. And he has decent point totals again this playoff.

A lot depends on Holtby, Eriksson and Virtanen's contract status when FA begins.

I like Sam Reinhart more tho, really wondering if a deal could be worked out there.