The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What phone do you have? Do you like it?

luckyjack

Abstract Pixel Art Vector Background Wall Mural • Pixers® • We live to  change3

It's okay. I don't love cell phones lol. its very useful, has a good feel, and serves my needs. Iphones are a pain in the butt with their security if you get locked out gl. Also had apple force an update on an old phone which slowed my device to all hell. I have refused to purchase any apple products since then. Samsung I've had it was ok. It's battery died essentially when the battery dead. was kinda annoyed by that.  I purchased a replacement battery and apparently the phone itself was having issues not just the battery. Samsung has been meh. I tried Huawei and I was quite impressed to be honest. Lasted 3 1/2 years then only upgraded to this pixel 3 because I got a good deal. Pixel 3 has been steady, reliable, nothing fancy but thoroughly enjoyable. I don't buy new phones as soon as they come out. I typically buy the previous gen phones so I don't need to pay high prices for a new phone. I typically just buy a $0 up front phone. I might have paid $50 at the start for the pixel 3 thats it tho lol.  If i'm gonna spend 1500 on a new device i'd rather invest on my gaming rig.  

Samsung, for 21 year now with no issues.

1st one I got was the M100 Uproar (1st cell phone with MP3 player built in).

Didn't replace it until the S5 came out!

Now, I have a S10+ and only reason I'm not still using my S5 is because of work - I needed a newer version of Android to support an App.

Wife has had:  S2, S6 and S9.  

• Like 1

I own my 200$ samsung a10s , and pay 25$ a month for my unlimited Canada wide calls/text and 1G Of Data. 

i don't understand why most people would buy a 1300+ phone. do you use the  Gyroscope? are you a streamer or a social media influencer? No? then you don't need the 3 million pixel professional camera's and 8K video?

if you lease a samsung s21 you MUST get 30gb of data with telus and insurance is a must. minimum monthly cost is 102$ and there is a deductible on repairs.

in 2 years your going to lease a more expensive phone due to inflation and corporate greed. if you lose it  you have to repay the  bring back of 640$  and then  purchase a new phone outright and still pay $13.33  a month for the rest of the term.

if you buy a samsung a325g you MUST finance and yup it's a loan. total price is about 60$ more than buying it outright. if you finance you must purchase 30G of data

total minimum cost is 95$ a month for 3 years, insurance is 9$ a month. so 104$. 

the 1000$ i save every year  is pretty nice. 

Edited by Petey_BOI

I Always had Samsung and Bell,

I then went to Rogers ,where i was able to use either my small business plan or work corporate plan (as plan options) with a new Samsung and would always be getting dropped calls, then I got rid of it right away and tried an Apple and still happening, so then I had my Bluetooth Radio replaced in my truck under warranty and it still does it, A lot of times i can hear people saying hello are you still there? but they can't hear me respond

So now i think problems must be Rogers 

Still like Petey Boi reasoning, I pay 2x as much as him using under 2 gb, but having way more than his 1gb than i don't use

Oneplus 5T.

Under the radar, but by FAR the best phone I have ever owned, and I've had it for 3 years and it still works as good as the day I got it. I will likely never buy another brand again. IPhone, Samsung, Google...to me, Oneplus takes all the good, and none of the bad from those guys. Phones are excellent, and you are starting to see more of them now, but I've only ever actually seen two other people with one in person.

LG G8. Love it; the headphone jack and quad DAC are awesome.  I'm considering buying a spare for once my battery is done as I'm haven't seen anything that I'd consider an upgrade and LG is getting out of the phone business.  Anything without both a headphone jack and microSD slot is an immediate no go.

iPhone 12, love it. There are many cool apps available for ios. I started using automatic call recorder to save and record my calls. Now it's one of my favorite apps for iphone. I can easily turn my phone conversations into handy voice notes for later use. And I don't need to have a notebook and write important details that come up in a phone conversation.

Edited by WilliG