• Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2021 at 11:30 PM

11 hours ago, oldnews said:

Just didn't find that Boston blueline very convincing - not particularly hard to play against - just lacked the overall spine you come to expect from Bruins bluelines.

Reilly

Grzelcyk

Clifton

not exactly 'intimidating'.

don't think they did enough work, tbh, to retool that blueline.

Carlo was a big loss for them 

• Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Some one posted this a while back. Nailed it.

4F932AD5-549A-4BBE-B119-53152D278872.jpeg

Part of me thinks the Bruins strayed away from their identity a bit this season....

I liken it to a few of the moves (that I considered mistakes) that the Blues made post-Cup (ie Faulk, Krug = 'fixing' what wasn't broken).

But Boston  did it with virtually no future 'commitment'.

The Bruins on the other hand didn't go there.

Renting Hall was not at great expense (Bjork and a 2nd....somewhat Toffoli range value...)

However, he's still arguably not what they 'needed' - but at a far more acceptable cost than replacing the types of defensemen that have left St Louis, with the D they now have - long term.

I think Boston did a 'stealth' thing this year.

They lost some defenseman - didn't do a whole lot to replace them.

But when you look at their key pieces on the blueline remaining...

McAvoy and Carlo are only 23 and 24 - Lauzon a 23 yr old rookie...Vaakanainen is 22....Zboril is 23....

I think they probably accepted a bit of a 'step back' philosophically, while nevertheless performing on ice - achieving yet another final 8...

and they have some flexibility banked for this e.d. offseason 'opportunity'.

Krejci, Hall, Reilly, Miller, Rask, Halak = all expiring.

I don't like them - but for the most part - I can't deny the wisdom of the way they go about their business.

Edited by oldnews

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

Part of me thinks the Bruins strayed away from their identity a bit this season....

I liken it to a few of the moves (that I considered mistakes) that the Blues made post-Cup (ie Faulk, Krug = 'fixing' what wasn't broken).

Renting Hall was not at great expense (Bjork and a 2nd....somewhat Toffoli range value...)

However, he's still arguably not what they 'needed' - but at a far more acceptable cost than replacing the types of defensemen that have left St Louis, with the D they now have - long term.

McAvoy and Carlo are only 23 and 24 - Lauzon a 23 yr old rookie...Vaakanainen is 22....Zboril is 23....

I think they probably accepted a bit of a 'step back' philosophically, while nevertheless performing on ice - achieving yet another final 8...

I don't like them - but for the most part - I can't deny the wisdom of the way they go about their business.

Don’t think Hall will be a rental he wanted to sign in Boston last offseason but between uncertainty with Covid time was up and he took the Buffalo deal. 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, oldnews said:

When people say who we could have drafted,

Boston in 2015 had 13,14,15 1st round picks and still available was Barzal, Boeser, Connor, Chabot ,Aho, Konecky as examples, Imagine if they had drafted any of those younger guys as well (all 23/24 yrs old)

Edited by ba;;isticsports