The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EDF: (3) Boston Bruins vs. (4) New York Islanders | Islanders win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Seemed to me like Varlamov just lost where the puck was more than anything. Maybe I didn't see it close enough.

I’m an ex goalie so biased on these but if your pad is being forced one way it’s very hard to get your upper body across. Varlomov went from a skate on the post to a foot off the post from Marchands stick pushing his pad away. 

war room just gave NBC an explanation and said they felt Marchand could have scored on the rebound and didn’t prevent the goalies movement. Wtf? 

Edited by NZCanuck
  • Thanks 1

Marchand is just banging away at the puck and the blade of his stick is between Varlamov’s skate and the post but the puck goes up over his pad. Not enough to call it back IMO. 

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Marchand is just banging away at the puck and the blade of his stick is between Varlamov’s skate and the post but the puck goes up over his pad. Not enough to call it back IMO. 

I’d agree if the puck was there! 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That was a cheap shot by Barzal, but you have to admire the way the Isles rallied around their star....

not much choice playing Boston, if you don't defend yourself they'll try crap all night long 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

God I wish the Canucks could have half the love the Bruins receive. Free goal followed by an automatic 5+ game for spearing being reduced to a slash. 

don’t like Barzal with the cross check but at least that play is standard playoff hockey. 

1 minute ago, camaro ss said:

How could anyone cheer for the &^@#ing Boston

a hockey fan! the boston bruins are a storied franchise! they have a really likable roster with a pretty "good guy" on it. how can you NOT cheer for this team of lovable scamps!

• Haha 1
Just now, NZCanuck said:

God I wish the Canucks could have half the love the Bruins receive. Free goal followed by an automatic 5+ game for spearing being reduced to a slash. 

don’t like Barzal with the cross check but at least that play is standard playoff hockey. 

How do you call that a slash not spearing? That’s nutz!

Just now, 4petesake said:

How do you call that a slash not spearing? That’s nutz!

you can say that again. I could see slashing on the nuts being a call if Barzal was 80. It was a spear. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

a hockey fan! the boston bruins are a storied franchise! they have a really likable roster with a pretty "good guy" on it. how can you NOT cheer for this team of lovable scamps!

Marchand licks people. So there's that. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NZCanuck said:

I'm cheering for the Isles, but I wouldn't have reversed that goal.

As far as the spear goes, I think it was (and I said so, before the original call was made) but it's the playoffs and I think any team would have gotten the "game management" consideration there.

Regular season, that's a major all day long....

• Hydration 2
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

you can say that again. I could see slashing on the nuts being a call if Barzal was 80. It was a spear. 

it wasnt a spear, jimmy! he just fell downwards and landed nuts first on the stick! that shouldn't have even been a penalty. this is insane!

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)

Was clearly a spear. They falsely redefined the play as a make up to the Bruins for missed crosschecks by Barzal.

.....Then immediately after also let Marchand get away with a more obvious cross check.

6 minutes ago, NZCanuck said:

God I wish the Canucks could have half the love the Bruins receive.

Amen....

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Hydration 1
Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm cheering for the Isles, but I wouldn't have reversed that goal.

As far as the spear goes, I think it was (and I said so, before the original call was made) but it's the playoffs and I think any team would have gotten the "game management" consideration there.

Regular season, that's a major all day long....

me too. Barry is the coach I wanted here, and gotta love the local kid element. Pus Boston is a scumbag organization. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to EDF: (3) Boston Bruins vs. (4) New York Islanders | Islanders win series 4-2
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic