The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Ron MacLean homophobic?

Rate this topic

Yeah he’s probably done. 

Once this sort of stuff is national news you’re screwed. 

Already have a good replacement for 1st anchor in David Amber anyway. Someone new can take up Amber’s role as 2nd anchor. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah he’s probably done. 

Once this sort of stuff is national news you’re screwed. 

Already have a good replacement for 1st anchor in David Amber anyway. Someone new can take up Amber’s role as 2nd anchor. 

I doubt MacLean gets fired after Sportsnet released this statement:

E2VjN61XMAw86LY?format=jpg&name=medium

12 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Hes already released an apology. I believe that it's a genuine apology,  I just don't buy his excuse

Positive for rum? what? He should've said it was a reference to covid (since Stewart was pictured at a party). That would've made more sense

drug tests are pretty common, no?

6 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Hes already released an apology. I believe that it's a genuine apology,  I just don't buy his excuse

Me too,  he didn't seem to mean ' a dude had a photo taken with his tarp off cause he was drinking Rum so he's positive for being drunk'

His quote was.

"You have a photo of a guy with his tarp off, you're definitely positive for something."

Give him a mulligan, even though I don't care for the guy much anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He lost any right to getting the benefit of the doubt after he decided to use HNIC as a platform to commit criminal slander against Burrows; he should have been fired on the spot for that incident alone.  If Cherry gets fired for "you people", there is no excuse for Sportsnet to continue to employ this oxygen thief.

Couldn’t have said it any better. The Burrows incident ranks as his worse moment. He should have been fired then. No use for the guy since. He follows Burrows by throwing Cherry under the bus. Cherry was a +80 year old who wore love of country on his sleeve. Made countless appearances to promote aid for Vets. Don Cherry might have passed his time but he deserved a night of appreciation that MacLean could have made possible.

Sportsnet

1. Fire somebody if they want immigrants to wear a poppy to remember the fallen soldiers of the country they live in.

2. Keep somebody if they take a shot at the LGBTQ2S+ community.

I guess tarps off Ron...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Sportsnet

1. Fire somebody if they want immigrants to wear a poppy to remember the fallen soldiers of the country they live in.

2. Keep somebody if they take a shot at the LGBTQ2S+ community.

I guess tarps off Ron...

I'm just sad you beat me to posting this lol.