Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Ron MacLean homophobic?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yeah he’s probably done. 
 

Once this sort of stuff is national news you’re screwed. 
 

Already have a good replacement for 1st anchor in David Amber anyway. Someone new can take up Amber’s role as 2nd anchor. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah he’s probably done. 
 

Once this sort of stuff is national news you’re screwed. 
 

Already have a good replacement for 1st anchor in David Amber anyway. Someone new can take up Amber’s role as 2nd anchor. 

I doubt MacLean gets fired after Sportsnet released this statement:

 

E2VjN61XMAw86LY?format=jpg&name=medium

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I doubt MacLean gets fired after Sportsnet released this statement:

 

E2VjN61XMAw86LY?format=jpg&name=medium

Perhaps but a lot of people are calling for his head. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes already released an apology. I believe that it's a genuine apology,  I just don't buy his excuse

 

Positive for rum? what? He should've said it was a reference to covid (since Stewart was pictured at a party). That would've made more sense

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Hes already released an apology. I believe that it's a genuine apology,  I just don't buy his excuse

 

Positive for rum? what? He should've said it was a reference to covid (since Stewart was pictured at a party). That would've made more sense

 

drug tests are pretty common, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Hes already released an apology. I believe that it's a genuine apology,  I just don't buy his excuse

Me too,  he didn't seem to mean ' a dude had a photo taken with his tarp off cause he was drinking Rum so he's positive for being drunk'

 

His quote was.

"You have a photo of a guy with his tarp off, you're definitely positive for something."

 

Give him a mulligan, even though I don't care for the guy much anymore. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He lost any right to getting the benefit of the doubt after he decided to use HNIC as a platform to commit criminal slander against Burrows; he should have been fired on the spot for that incident alone.  If Cherry gets fired for "you people", there is no excuse for Sportsnet to continue to employ this oxygen thief.

Couldn’t have said it any better. The Burrows incident ranks as his worse moment. He should have been fired then. No use for the guy since. He follows Burrows by throwing Cherry under the bus. Cherry was a +80 year old who wore love of country on his sleeve. Made countless appearances to promote aid for Vets. Don Cherry might have passed his time but he deserved a night of appreciation that MacLean could have made possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sportsnet

1. Fire somebody if they want immigrants to wear a poppy to remember the fallen soldiers of the country they live in.

2. Keep somebody if they take a shot at the LGBTQ2S+ community.

 

I guess tarps off Ron...

 

Image

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t get it.  Explain please.  

Same, I saw the video and I have no idea what he meant. Tarps? Like jerseys I’m lost 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Sportsnet

1. Fire somebody if they want immigrants to wear a poppy to remember the fallen soldiers of the country they live in.

2. Keep somebody if they take a shot at the LGBTQ2S+ community.

 

I guess tarps off Ron...

 

Image

I'm just sad you beat me to posting this lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...